First road trip with our Northstar Vista Huntsville Tx to California

staminsurance

Need help planning week long trip back with new rig Texas to California on 10 to 210 and 5. planned to stop in Houston, San Antonio, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Tombstone State Historic Park and Joshua Tree.

Hello staminsurance
Is there something you want to see in Houston? If not head Hwy 30 west from Huntsville to Hwy 90 thru Anderson to Navasota then hwy 6 Hempstead and lastly 159 to Bellville where you can pick up Hwy 36 to Sealy where you can jump on I10. Some signs might read FM90 it is still Hwy 90 but lot so the secondary roads are called Farm to Market hence the FM. I think my folks would drive out to Bellville for BBQ , but not 100% on that one. I do know they really liked the river walk in San Antonio.
If you like rural Texas there are some roads on the south side of I10 west of San Antonio. Fastest way thru S.A. Is I10 when you get to the west side, take the loop 1604 south to Texas Hwy 16 to Bandera for the night. Try be there Wednesday for a good time you won't forget. It's family oriented it is a lot of fun. ( http://11thstreetcowboybar.com ) either bring it with or go to the Meat market across the street.
I'll let someone else help out with some of your other stops mentioned, Joshua Tree is beautiful.

Russ
There are some roads out there which are pretty nice called the three sisters google them and see if you can incorporate one or two as you drive west. Aim for Junction as a place to pickup I10 again.

Back
Top Bottom