Flagstaff Camping

SunMan

King Taco
Had planned to be crossing into Baja tomorrow morning for 10 days of bliss but Hurricane Jimena had other ideas about that. So, last minute plans now have me heading to Utah, via Arizona. I'm figuring I can make it to Flagstaff tomorrow and am wondering if anyone has any good camping recommendations there? Lemme know whatcha all think...it'll just be an overnighter but looking for boondock, BLM type camping.
Gracias amigos...

Hmmmmm.....Arizona....Utah...and then onto SW CO for the rally next weekend?

So close, MTN, don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. Need to be home on the 13th, with the rally being the 11th-13th it kind of doesn't work out. Want to be motoring homeward by the 12th. If anybody is out prowling around Utah pre-rally let me know. I'll leave my contact # in the other thread.

Hmmmmm.....Arizona....Utah...and then onto SW CO for the rally next weekend?

Sunny,
Near Flag try around Mormon Lake on Lake Mary Road/FS3Rd. Lake Mary Rd is at the junction of the 17 and 40. If you have chance spend a day and night at Navajo Nat. Monument NE of Tuba City and stay in the overflow area. Take the hike down to Betatakin. Another great camp is Gold Mine Camp on the San Juan River just before Bluff Utah. But if you're going you'll need directions so let me know.

Sunny,
Near Flag try around Mormon Lake on Lake Mary Road/FS3Rd. Lake Mary Rd is at the junction of the 17 and 40. If you have chance spend a day and night at Navajo Nat. Monument NE of Tuba City and stay in the overflow area. Take the hike down to Betatakin. Another great camp is Gold Mine Camp on the San Juan River just before Bluff Utah. But if you're going you'll need directions so let me know.

Thanks Jay, wrote it down and I'll check it out, most appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom