Flatbed Discussion

...I'm the one who is having the camper built for my 07 F350...
Thx Marc, i read your post aloud about the pix and updates on your rig's progress and my wife said "Sweeeeet". Sound great!
Thom

I often day-dream of putting a flat-bed on my Dodge, but I'd lean towards a more permanent mounting with nice alum. storage boxes up and down each side in the gap between the camper and the flatbed. The one problem I can't get around (actually the first problem is $$$) is the height of the floor seems to go up about 6" with a flat bed. Do you find this negatively impacts the COG? Sort of, but not exactly, like this...

Also just out of curiousity, what is the weight difference going to a flat bed? I would guess you can pick up a bit towards the payload.

-Vic

If you consider the flat bed can be moved to different trucks, and the old bed stays nice and pristine till it goes back on. Price in the long run is not bad.

After owning a flatbed for a while, there is no doubt in my mind that it is far superior to the stock bed both for general use and for camper use. After selling my stock bed to a wrecker my total expense was about $2,700. Not bad IMO.

gallery_2_134_72004.jpg

After owning a flatbed for a while, there is no doubt in my mind that it is far superior to the stock bed both for general use and for camper use. After selling my stock bed to a wrecker my total expense was about $2,700. Not bad IMO.

What kind/brand of flatbed did you go with?

What kind/brand flatbed did you go with?

I just got the Ute. It's pretty basic but it works fine for my needs.

Looks cool and highly functional. I drove a flatbed for 13 years and loved it.
We're all looking forward to the ATC mount :D

gallery_2_134_72004.jpg

With all that gear piled up - have you ever thought of getting a camper with a bike rack?? :D

I really like the look of those flat beds with the intergrated fold down sides, that has always been one of my beefs with flat beds.

Back
Top Bottom