Fleet on 2019 Tacoma - truck bed build-up required?

campito

Advanced Member
I have a 2012 Fleet and looking to replace my truck with a gen 3 Tacoma, maybe a 2019 access cab.

My question - will my Fleet fit in the bed ok, or will I need to build a platform in the truck bed? My Fleet is not at my current location so can't do any measurements.

I never thought of this as an issue. But I temporarily went from a 2006 tundra access cab to 2005 Tundra double cab, and the bed was much deeper and required a platform.

I had my 2020 Fleet mounted on a 2009 Tacoma. Despite telling the dealer that it would be on the 2009 (2nd Gen) for a short period of time and it would be mounted on a 3rd Gen Tacoma, the 2020 Fleet needed 3/4" plywood risers to fit on the 3rd Gen. Just add them to the original risers that are on the Fleet

The Fleet fits perfectly on my 2016 Gen 3. However the 4WC factory put 1 additional set of mats on top of the standard mounting brackets and base mats which raised it about 1/3 of an inch which set it up just right.

camsf said:
The Fleet fits perfectly on my 2016 Gen 3. However the 4WC factory put 1 additional set of mats on top of the standard mounting brackets and base mats which raised it about 1/3 of an inch which set it up just right.
that sounds perfect, thanks

I have a 2013 Fleet which was on a 2011 Tacoma. I recently bought a 2021 Tacoma Off Road and moved the Fleet to the new truck. I asked FWC what was required and received the following email.

“You will have to add anywhere from 5/8"-1" of wood slats underneath the camper so it fits over the bed rails and cab of the roof. The Tacoma series trucks, along with all other makes and models, have gone to deeper beds and, you do not want to have the camper sitting on the bedrails.”

I bought six inch wide synthetic decking that was 3/4” thick and placed them under the stringers. Likely less weight added than another mat.

Sledawg said:
I bought six inch wide synthetic decking that was 3/4” thick and placed them under the stringers. Likely less weight added than another mat.
interesting. do you have a link to the material and any pictures of how you attached? It sounds like you added to the bottom of the camper, you did not build a frame in the truck bed, which I'd like to avoid.

I used TREX composite deck boards.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Trex-Enhance-Basics-16-ft-Clam-Shell-Grooved-Composite-Deck-Board/1000763522

Cut to match camper. Screwed to camper. Lite weight and won’t wick moisture. IMG_2685.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 63
nice! this is the first I've seem mention of using Trex, an excellent solution. I assume you just used wood screws into the stringers?

Back
Top Bottom