Floor lino lifting

Just put the camper on the truck for the summer, and noticed that the lino has bubbled badly over the winter. I can't see any evidence of water. Has anyone else had this happen?

CanadaGeese2017 said:
Just put the camper on the truck for the summer, and noticed that the lino has bubbled badly over the winter. I can't see any evidence of water. Has anyone else had this happen?

Year and model? Photos?

2006 Hawk. I just went out to take a picture and now the lino is flat! We store the camper on stacked pallets in a field, about a foot off the ground, in Canadian winter. We used to have a ShelterLogic shed over it, but it blew away last fall. I'm thinking it may be ground moisture. In four years owning the camper this hasn't happened before.

CanadaGeese2017 said:
2006 Hawk. I just went out to take a picture and now the lino is flat! We store the camper on stacked pallets in a field, about a foot off the ground, in Canadian winter. We used to have a ShelterLogic shed over it, but it blew away last fall. I'm thinking it may be ground moisture. In four years owning the camper this hasn't happened before.

How ground moisture could get into plywood and then bow it is a mystery...any plumbing leaks? Perhaps given enough of a temp range any moisture under linoleum could get it to "bubble-bow"?

CanadaGeese2017 said:
I have a 2015 and this has happened to me. Bubble then no bubble. Mystery

Yep. The lino had lifted in a bubble about 1.5 ft across, toward the front rather than the back. I know our door leaks in heavy rain, but there's no evidence of water anywhere. We do get extreme temperatures here... -40C over the winter to 27C this week. Mystery!

CanadaGeese2017 said:
Yes, I checked before we put the camper on.

If no moisture coming from under floor; then must be at floor level...no water leaks in any plumbing? Did not spill your beer did you? I could understand spilling a Kokanee; or dumping it :cool: ...like you speculated it might not be moisture but low temp contracting and bending lino up.

Side note for CG2017: My door leaked on my 2005 Hawk in heavy rain also. Was coming in at the top of the door. I attached a wider(front to back) drip edge to the the door frame top to correct the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom