Flush Mount Glass Top Stove vs. regular stove

Certainly not me.

1) Love the counter space created by an almost flush stove top in my Bobcat Shell build (very small interior, I need the flat space).
2) I do wish the cooking/pan grate was easily removable (it doesn't come off at all), but, cleaning is not that tough, sort of a ZEN like thing for me (the wife unit says I'm a Felix type of guy from the odd couple). As you might guess, I start clean, don't let things get out of control and it's all easy clean-up that way.
3) No issues with the mounting brackets or the plastic cover grommets that hold the stove in place (I don't know what other grommets bsharp007 could be referring to), however, I don't really drive fast on rough dirt roads. I've logged about 1,800 miles of dirt roads in the last 7 months, and everything is tight.

Alley-Kat said:
Certainly not me.

1) Love the counter space created by an almost flush stove top in my Bobcat Shell build (very small interior, I need the flat space).
2) I do wish the cooking/pan grate was easily removable (it doesn't come off at all), but, cleaning is not that tough, sort of a ZEN like thing for me (the wife unit says I'm a Felix type of guy from the odd couple). As you might guess, I start clean, don't let things get out of control and it's all easy clean-up that way.
3) No issues with the mounting brackets or the plastic cover grommets that hold the stove in place (I don't know what other grommets bsharp007 could be referring to), however, I don't really drive fast on rough dirt roads. I've logged about 1,800 miles of dirt roads in the last 7 months, and everything is tight.
Alley-Kat has nailed our experience and use also

We are completely happy with our flush mount. No loosening problems. I probably wouldn't have spent the extra $$ if I had ordered mine, but since we are not the original owners, not our choice. I'm glad the original purchaser included them. In our Hawk, we find them especially useful as the extra cushions for the pull-out bed fit beautifully up there, wedged snuggly and out to the way during travel. Stay put on some pretty rough roads too. Bottom line, we like ours.

My Grandby has flush stove and sink. I usually cover it with a pretty table runner :D . Sometime I just use a towel or serving tray. I like having all the prep space and room to put containers and charging electronics.

The little rubber gommets that hold the stove stands wear out almost immediately. And you have to remove the stands everytime to clean the stove.
The standard stove is what 2 inches high? And you can just put a cutting board on top of the sink to use that as storage.
But the flush glass stove and sink do look cool.
I liked the standard stove that was in my last camper (Eagle). Just my opinion from using both stoves.

Love the flush mount sink and stove. A great changing table for my daughter. My only gripes are:

-stove doesn't have an igniter which is extremely disappointing if considering the cost
-wish the faucet can swivel side to side. Its mounted to the left so you'll inevitably get water on the counter.

But the flat work space is great in an already small-spaced camper

I have the glass on both the sink and stove. Love the counter space since I rarely cook inside. However, and this isn't a huge deal, you may consider the size of the pans you are using. Since the burners are recessed to allow the glass to close, only smaller pans will fit on the burners. Bigger ones will not sit flush because they will bump into the counter. That being said I'm still glad I went with the flush mount option.

It would be neat if they made a single burner glass top unit, then I could get two of those and space them far enough apart to use any size pan.

My home kitchen has 3, two burner stove top units spaced apart by about 18". that makes plenty of in-between space for utensils, ingredients, etc. It's on our really big center island. Plus when guests are over and they want to make something on the stove, there is plenty of room for everyone to stand in front of "their" burner(s).

I have the glass top for the stove and that extra area of flat surface is well used when not cooking. We didn't get it for the sink since we opted for a pull-out faucet. We set a cutting board across the sink and that gives us more flat surface.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom