Flush mount sink- cycle on and off

super doody

Hi All,

I'm getting my camper ready for the Rally. I just filled the water tank to sanitize it. My pump seems to cycle on and off continuously when I turn the water faucet. I opened the hot water valve to let it drain back into the main tank and re pressurized the whole system several times but faucet is still cycling.

Should I drain and refill the entire system or should I adjust the surflo valve per this video here:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8897-problem-with-outside-shower-on-new-hawk/?p=105445

I have a flush mount sink with hot water heater.

Thanks.

Jim

The pump runs until pressure reaches its set point then cuts off. When turned on, you should hear it run for a few seconds then turn off.
Turn on the faucet full & the pump should run continuously.
Partially turn it on & it cycles on & off.

Well, at least, that's how mine works for both hot & cold.

Paul

PaulT said:
The pump runs until pressure reaches its set point then cuts off. When turned on, you should hear it run for a few seconds then turn off.
Turn on the faucet full & the pump should run continuously.
Partially turn it on & it cycles on & off.

Well, at least, that's how mine works for both hot & cold.

Paul
I concur with your statement and that was how my pump operated last season. Last night, the pump kept on cycling after the pump itself built up pressure. I drained the whole tank last night include the hot water tank. I will try again tonight.

+1 on what Stalking Light said. I was surprised how long it took to completely fill the HW system the first time I drained it all out to sanitize. I did a quick leak check because I couldn't imagine there not being a leak, given how long the pump ran. But it just takes a lot of pumping to fill up the water heater and associated plumbing.

Back
Top Bottom