Fly Fishing......................

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Here's something to take our minds to a nice place for a spell with a couple of Albertans I'm really getting to like -

Something to make today a little brighter.....................................

Why do I have such an urge to go fly fishing? :)

the Jensens are great. They do a great job on their video's. Been winter dry fly fishing here in Idaho and it has been good. In late December there was the thickest midge hatch I think I have ever seen and there were an amazing number of fish rising. Almost got tired of catching nice fish on #20 midge dries!

Figured it out, note fly in mouth. If you click on the photo it rotates to the correct orientation. At least it does for me.

: 5C8721A2-2DE3-48A7-823D-8A88402D772D.jpeg

fish more said:
Nothing like a hook up on a dry, going down to the Yuba River today to wet a line and camp.
I remember when I used to be able to drive in at the blue nose cone. We could ford a small muddy channel and get out on a nice gravel bar. My son and I cooked dinner on the coleman, tailgating it watching the salmon chasing off the steelhead during spawning season. I think we lost that access back when there was the big flood.

Hope you find a nice quiet camp spot, and find some fish.

i won the lottery, and a friend invited me into his smith river mt., permit !!! its a bit early in the season, bwth. getting driftboat wheel bearings changed out for the drive over. am stoked.

goinoregon said:
i won the lottery, and a friend invited me into his smith river mt., permit !!! its a bit early in the season, bwth. getting driftboat wheel bearings changed out for the drive over. am stoked.
Be stoked. It’s IMO, and almost everyone who floats, a nice float trip. I’ll wave if I pass you on my way to the upper Madison end of the month.

LuckyDan said:
Be stoked. It’s IMO, and almost everyone who floats, a nice float trip. I’ll wave if I pass you on my way to the upper Madison end of the month.
ok, i will be looking out for u :) . i have a gmc, with an atc, and an antique driftboat.. now thinking about where to go after smith river....

Back
Top Bottom