foam insulation and wiring for dummies?

jeffyg

Advanced Member
i tried to post a similar message to this yesterday but i guess i didn't press send' correctly...

i have 2 questions first being using hard foam insulation for around the top part of the camper has anyone done this?just cut them to the proper lengths (3x4' pieces per side) and glue some velcro to the top and voila good cold weather insulation at the sacrafice of a little bulk... any thoughts?

also the camper i just purchased was a 'shell' model with a couch, table, funace, back up lights.... um and thats about it. i am interested in putting a battery under the couch storage and wiring the camper up for 12V so that when the truck is running it will charge the battery however when the truck is stopped the camper battery system can be isolated as to not draw from the trucks juice.

does anyone know of a FAQ or a how to guide to whip something up?

thanks for all the great info
jef

Trailer whip charging

I picked up a 7 pin connector from the auto parts store, and about 12LF of 2 wire conduit from the local West Marine and wired the trailer charging wires into the truck (under the door). When I get to where I'm going I stow the connector so the truck battery doesn't drain. cost me less than $25 when it was all done. The drawback is if you intend on towing a trailer - then you have to choose - trailer lights or camper charge.....

Back
Top Bottom