Foldable solar panels with controller back in stock

rotti said:
I'm slowly starting to come around to this solar thing.

Is this the Zamp 80w portable that would be suitable for my Waeco 110L: http://www.zampsolar.com/index.php?m=87&s=581&c=&id=1213

Expensive compared to the previous "bag" deals but it appears to be a quality system....waterproof, sae fittings, 25 year warranty and maybe the unit that FWC is selling?

I'll second this though:
"If anyone finds a cheaper supplier out there let the rest of us know."
The Zamp 80w is the perfect fold up size for my storage set up, but does anybody really know the answer to this question. Is 80w of solar enough for the typical FWC with LED lights, quality batteries and a Waeco 110L ?

thanks!
I went to Renogy today and they said to find a SAE wire and switch it out for their wire, but they did not know where I could get the SAE connector.
Upon rereading the other solar threads, is it correct that the solar plugs on my Grandby do not attach to the batteries? Would it then be just as easy to attach the alligator clamps from the controller to the batteries?

Just Solar Blvd sell a solar kit with everything needed? I could go to their location on Friday.

raymondmom said:
thanks!
I went to Renogy today and they said to find a SAE wire and switch it out for their wire, but they did not know where I could get the SAE connector.
Upon rereading the other solar threads, is it correct that the solar plugs on my Grandby do not attach to the batteries? Would it then be just as easy to attach the alligator clamps from the controller to the batteries?

Just Solar Blvd sell a solar kit with everything needed? I could go to their location on Friday.
If you have factory SAE plugs on your Grandby they terminate by your battery and will have butt joints crimped on one end. Mine had a tag that said SOLAR and taped in a circle. Add a fuse and hook to your battery and you should be good to go. If not order a plug from FWC and install with 10 gage wire and a fuse to your battery.

Back
Top Bottom