Folding roof panels

IMO some holes would be just like the holes in air-frames.
Don't know how many or how large you could get away with.
It sure would make it easier to check the "little"straps that pull the liner in though.
Frank

Tommieboy said:
Is there a reason these panels are black...
Black is the color of the material as is it is poured. Any different color would require painting. Extra step = extra $.

ckent323 said:
Anyone ever seen a lift panel made with open sections (cut out sections)?

I need to replace two lift panels in an old camper and am thinking it would be convenient to have access to the area behind the panel to clean, wipe off condensation, inspect and (gulp) repair the canvas as well as inspect/wires and the arctic pack (or equivalent) etc.

Seems like one could be made from a suitably strong material (i.e. aluminum plate or plywood).

Any reason this is not a good idea?

Regards,

Craig
Some where on WTW is a rebuild of an old camper. Instead of panels two loops of EMT conduit was used.

img_127503_4_8f5e049c21aa076dfdd6e899356b5a38.jpg

Dusty Roads,

Thanks for the link. I have something a little nicer in mind but I appreciate the link.

I know a guy with a machine shop so I will see what kind of suggestion and cost he comes up with.

Regards,

Craig

I'd be more than happy to look at those black panels every night while parked under the stars.
I'm chomping at the bit to put my order in next year...

Bombsight said:
I'd be more than happy to look at those black panels every night while parked under the stars.
I'm chomping at the bit to put my order in next year...
FWC often raises their prices around the end of the year. Just FYI if you are close to placing an order, you might consider doing it before the end of November.

DrJ said:
FWC often raises their prices around the end of the year. Just FYI if you are close to placing an order, you might consider doing it before the end of November.
Thanks. I can't put the $$$ down on it until at least next spring.
I'm hoping with everything I have that FWC's introduce the front dinette with AC in 2016!
... otherwise, it will be the side dinette with AC.

... but back the the black panels ....

Bombsight said:
Thanks. I can't put the $$$ down on it until at least next spring.
I'm hoping with everything I have that FWC's introduce the front dinette with AC in 2016!
... otherwise, it will be the side dinette with AC.

... but back the the black panels ....
Are they thinking about an AC unit with the Front Dinette model?

If so, I am ordering my unit about 6 months too early!!!

Sorry - high jack over. I promise this time.

CKent: I did not put the linky in my post. (don't know how :( ) Must have been done by a Mod.....Ski? Just wanted to pass on the credit where due. Nevertheless, I am thinking about this style. I already have helper thingys on my Grandby, but I believe these will help with alignment. BTW, I found last year that lift panels delivered to Minnesota were going to be $500 each. Too rich for my 77 Grandby, especially when I only paid $100 for the camper!

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom