For Stan, or anyone else

oly884

Advanced Member
I'm looking to get some racks put on my camper. However, if I could get a part # and manufacturer of the racks it would make my life really easy right now.

If anyone has the part #'s and manufacturer of a rack system it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm going to use the rack for my kayak (12' long one at that) and I also have the solar panel on the roof so it may have to go above that.

Thanks in advance!

oly,

See the roof racks thread...I to am "racking up" in the very near future...the racks I pictured are very adaptable to just about anything you need, provided you know the need before you build:eek:

I skimmed through the post on the roof rack section awhile ago

I think they posted install instructions too ? Check it out if you have time.

but here are the parts we usually use if you go with Yakima Racks

2 Cross Bars
Hawk & Grandby Model I think we use the wide 78" bars.
Eagle & Ranger Model I think we use a cross bars approx. 67" wide.
(anything close to these will work fine)

Yakima Control Towers

Yakima Landing Pad 1

Yakima 60" Tracks ... http://www.rei.com/product/679476

Yakima Lock Cores

(see sample pics attached)

If you want a longer track system, just buy 2 sets of the 60" tracks and butt them together as long as you need.

REI (www.rei.com) seems to be a good website just to check out the parts / pieces / prices / etc. Then shop around and buy from whoever you like.

Hope this helps ...

Attachments

• Yakima Track Sample 2.JPG
    Yakima Track Sample 2.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Yakima Roof Racks 10.JPG
    Yakima Roof Racks 10.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Yakima Roof Rack System 10 Feet.JPG
    Yakima Roof Rack System 10 Feet.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Yakima Landing Pad 1.JPG
    Yakima Landing Pad 1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Yakima Control Towers.JPG
    Yakima Control Towers.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 278
ahhh stan, thanks a lot. very helpful:D ! thats exactly what i am putting on my 93' ranger II! pics help a lot...stoked! oly, let me know when your getting into this...i will be installing mine in the next week or so...shoot me a PM too if you find some good prices...i am still looking on crieg's list...may just go with new stuff though. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom