For Those Running Air Bags

I also have the same size diameter spare but it is skinner to fit under the spare gas tank. I run 33x12.5 and spare is 33x9.5. This was important if I was going to run the spare on the back when I had a Detroit locker. Needed to be the same diameter. Now with the ARB not as important because I can leave it off.

What kind of spare gas tank are you running??

I had a 12 gallon tank up under my old red Toyota and loved it..
It was plastic though and scared the hell out of me when i used it..but hey, close to 600 miles range was cool:thumb:

What kind of spare gas tank are you running??

I bought this back in the early '90. It is a metal gravity flow into the main tank. Has a hole in the center for the spare tire chain. Holds 13 gallons. Fill it from inside the wheel well.

Kyle - Nice install! The license plate looks great - seems like nobody would notice unless they knew what to look for. How does the truck handle now? Can you tell a big difference?

Yes, I can tell a big difference. I went through the park area near my house (Tucson Mountain Park and Saguaro National Park) that has some ups and downs and twisty turny roads (yes, that is a technical term) and the truck handles w/ the airbags almost like it does w/o the camper on! I was really impressed. It is slightly firmer, but has almost no lean in the corners and is very controlled. I'll have to get together with Jay sometime and try a comparison of how the truck handles w/ the camper in stock form vs. the aftermarket suspension w/ airbags... hmm...

Kyle

My airbags arrived in the mail yesterday, can't wait to get installed, then mount camper. Rear end has been sagging 3 1/2 inches with Hawk camper over empty, that with roadmaster helper springs. Don't think sag used to be that much. Could be springs are loosing their spring at 80k miles.

Puffins'

I'm pretty sure that your probably looking at either Firestone or Goodyear bags no matter who makes the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom