Ford 9' bed

dickyb

Howdy, new member here. Looking at buying a Ford F450 with a 9' truck bed. Buying the truck strictly for the purposes of towing a boat and hauling a truck camper. I figure the 450 is more than adequate, but how about the extra long 9' bed? Anyone have any experience with this, or how about some opinions on putting a camper on this beast......Thanks in advance,
Richard on Vancouver Island British Columbia

I have an F350 with a 9 foot flatbed, works well for our needs.
I may sell my current work truck 2020 f350 and go the 450 0r 550 route, if so i will do at least a 9 foot bed and maybe 10 foot
Good luck on this.

Ford apparently never made a factory bed (8') for the F450. Was a longer chassis so they sent them out for aftermarket ones.
Didnt measure the exact length, but was worried the camper wouldnt slide in all the way. Bugger up the center of gravity etc.
May leave a 10" or so gap at the front, between cab and camper. Seen a few on the interweb. Same as a short bed truck camper in a long box truck.

Would be nice if you could utilize that unused bed section for storage. Camp chairs, table, etc.

Our first camper was a 6.5' and our truck is an 8' bed. I placed the camper in the bed centered on the rear axle. That left a bit of a "porch" to stand on at the rear and a place where our camp chairs and table lived, along with the shovel and the chains.

Back
Top Bottom