found one...!WTB camper / shell- ASAP, montana

Freelheeler

Advanced Member
I've been browsing this site for a few years dreaming of being in the position to buy one of these setups. Well that day came a few weeks ago the wife (boss) gave me clearance, so here i am!! I've followed up on all the current leads from ebay, craigslist, used fwc, and wander the west (as of 2/24/10), and no go. So i'm posting a plea...

We're ready to buy and will travel, the only stipulation is it's a clean, non smok'd in unit. We aren't looking for a no frills unit or a mod'd shell would be preferred, (we do have a budget). Please list all mods and send pics

Thanks in advance for all the help, Joe

again,
Truck= 2003 Toyota Tundra (access cab)= Eagle, Finch or Hawk Models

Gardiner, Montana (north entrance of Yellowstone)
jarlarch@yahoo.com
406-223-7075

Update... Still looking / waiting

I may start another post regarding other pop up camper manufactors, information based not a bash

Welcome and here is a craigslist search engine that can help.My link I used it almost daily and found a camper within months. I was just up in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago, very beautiful place. -Joel

yeah and it probably builds character too... Spring ski trips are on my mind and one of these campers would be so sweet.

Skeeter i would have loved to check out your setup, I should mention if anyone is traveling thru the area (Yellowstone) and is willing to let a stranger look in their rig i'd love to check out other setups. In trade i can point you to some cool camping spots (non-rv and NPS CG). As you can imagine FWC and ATC campers are far and few between in these parts.

In years past i've followed a few rigs with FWC thru the park in hopes of taking a look! To all those i scared i'm sorry! To all other FWC and ATC owners... you've been warned!

I'm also thinking of starting a website to allow toyota tundra owners to commiserate over looking for used FWC camper...

Welcome, good to have another on board who likes to surrender to the fall line! Best of luck with your search. As with everything, patience pays off.

Update... Still looking / waiting

I may start another post regarding other pop up camper manufactors, information based not a bash

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/1633192536.html

I am just writing a listing for a '98 Grandby. I'll give the full listing today. I have had it in a 2000 Silverado PU. What is the wheelwell distance and the tailgate opening on your truck?

Unit is clean, never smoked in. Has an icebox and no builtin heater. I used it in NoCal prior to moving to Seattle area.

I'm in Kenmore, WA. Will list for $6000.

I'll have pictures with the listing but sounds like you know what they look like. Drop me a line if you're interested.

postpics.gif

still haven't got pics of the camper on the tundra but it fits like a glove and rides great (w/ airbags at 35-40). pulled the snowmobile trailer and camper out this weekend and it was great, forgot to shut the rear door in the parking lot while i was backing to park and nearly ripped it off the hing luckily NO damage.

Attachments

• DSC00515.jpg
    DSC00515.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC00516.jpg
    DSC00516.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00522.jpg
    DSC00522.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 250
still haven't got pics of the camper on the tundra but it fits like a glove and rides great (w/ airbags at 35-40). pulled the snowmobile trailer and camper out this weekend and it was great, forgot to shut the rear door in the parking lot while i was backing to park and nearly ripped it off the hing luckily NO damage.

Looks great. Congrats

92'
at first i thought the rear jack location were cool, however i'm in the process of extending the brackets on the jacks so i can back under the thing (including tailgate) with a bit more ease. figure the tailgate will be nice for a seat and helpful in loading dogs.

...i'm going to start a new topic to discuss mods

Thanks
Yeah i can finally take a breathe, now that the camper is home... This is the camper for sale in Bend Oregon, the guy was looking to trade for a BMW moto bike but after about a month he finally answered emails about selling it out right. I just got home after being gone for the weekend skiing and there was his email, i replied and less than a minute later he calls and we're discussing details, TIMING. He's a solid guy, and did me right by not selling it out from under me, he had multiple offers after we started in, plus he held onto it till we could get out there the following Friday.

It was a scramble and stressful, but my wife and i were ready to pull the trigger, almost ordered a new one the week before, but waited. I got lucky but was pretty aggressive checking craigslist, ebay, etc and following up with multiple phone calls and emails.

Back
Top Bottom