Four today.....

robbie

Had four FWC here today........

a Raven from California, a Hawk from Idaho, and two Grandbys........

That is the most we have seen in one day on the Alaska Highway here in downtown Watson LAKE.....

Did not know there is a "Raven" Model so will have to have a look at the website

robbie

Had four FWC here today........

a Raven from California, a Hawk from Idaho, and two Grandbys........

That is the most we have seen in one day on the Alaska Highway here in downtown Watson LAKE.....

Did not know there is a "Raven" Model so will have to have a look at the website

robbie

I love my Raven. I leave it on all the time because I barely notice it. It's a great option for the shortbed 4 doors. I just keep everything in the back seat until I need it so the camper is clean during travel.

Any chance you could grab some photos of the rigs you see passing by? It would be great to see what is traveling your way.

Or set up a webcam pointed at the highway...

Photos I will do...
the web cam is an interesting idea...

Will look into that..

robbie

Wow we had one today...A 1980's Grandby pulling a horse trailer.. Quite a story to go with it. I got pictures.
If someone does not mind posting for me I will send the pictures tomorrow with the story...
Send me a message if you don't mind posting...
Thanks
Robbie

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

1980's Grandby. The couple who own the truck and trailer are from Austria. The truck and four horses are kept in Colorado. The are up here to do a three month horse trip from the Hyland River up the Nahanni Range Road and go north to Mayo, which is east of Dawson City, Yukon. They did a similar trip last year in the Muncho Lake Area of northern British Columbia, which is 200 miles south east of Watson Lake. They will have to do some serious riding before they can really begin the trip as the Nahanni range road is closed not far from the junction of the Robert Campbell road. They will have to ride about 40 miles up the road before they can start. Right now it will be very tricky and dangerous to cross some of the rivers along the road which have washed out the bridge and culvert crossings. They have already have had food for themselves and the horses dropped at locations along the route.

Will be quite an adventure. Interesting that it is always people from Europe who mostly seem to do these type of trips.

Wow. When I think of Austrian tourists I don't usually think of dusty pickups pulling dusty horse trailers!
biggrin.gif

Guess I need to open my mind a bit. ;)

1980's Grandby. The couple who own the truck and trailer are from Austria. The truck and four horses are kept in Colorado. The are up here to do a three month horse trip from the Hyland River up the Nahanni Range Road and go north to Mayo, which is east of Dawson City, Yukon. They did a similar trip last year in the Muncho Lake Area of northern British Columbia, which is 200 miles south east of Watson Lake. They will have to do some serious riding before they can really begin the trip as the Nahanni range road is closed not far from the junction of the Robert Campbell road. They will have to ride about 40 miles up the road before they can start. Right now it will be very tricky and dangerous to cross some of the rivers along the road which have washed out the bridge and culvert crossings. They have already have had food for themselves and the horses dropped at locations along the route.

Will be quite an adventure. Interesting that it is always people from Europe who mostly seem to do these type of trips.

Wow, what a journey they have ahead of them. It is so interesting to hear about peoples unordinary travels.

Had a good visit with two Grandbys in watson Lake over a week ago. then saw them in whithorse a couple days later. Passed a FWC on the Alaska Highway halfway between Whitehorse and Watson Lake today..

Robbie

Had a good visit with two Grandbys in watson Lake over a week ago. then saw them in whithorse a couple days later. Passed a FWC on the Alaska Highway halfway between Whitehorse and Watson Lake today..

Robbie

One of Grandbys was BislyBud

robbie

Back
Top Bottom