Four Wheel Swift Shell Build with Pics

Holmes

Advanced Member
Just got finished up getting the camper outfitted and built. Fairly simple plan and really happy with it. The camper left 4wheel with a stamped weight of 730, still scratching me head on that one but not complaining. I'm thinking I'm still around 850ish with 2 filled propane tanks and a 4 gallon water tank.

Additions to camper:
ARB touring hardshell awning

Mule awning mount and accessory mount

Dometic double burner
(Propane routed down thru batt box and into propane box. One tank for furnace, one for the burners)

Custom sink with surflo faucet and flojet pump
(4 gallon tank located under sink in cabinet, water pump located in batt box. Outlet port on outside of cabinet with a garden house attachment routed out through driver slider window for grey water)

Iceco JP30 compressor fridge
(Its a bit small for my liking but I couldn't resist the perfect dimensions for the width of the camper and also being able to still utilize the rollover couch for non pop up camping. Its also pretty dang cheap and the only fridge within its price point with a danfoss compressor. Its hardwired into the fuse block/electric compartment.

Lagun table mount with a 21×16 birch table top.

Renogy lithium 100AH
(Swapped out, working with the provided overland solar rebranded victron 15 controller and dispay. I bought a victron dongle, plugged that in, updated the controller and adjusted the parameters for the lithium via the victron app and am able to monitor via phone. Works for me. Love the lithium so far

Overland 160W semi flexible
(Went with this panel for whatever reason, got a mount from 4 wheel for 130 shipped. I'm only taking in around 100 PV max on the panel, maybe its the late October sun. Any insight would be appreciated)

The truck
2018 short bed off road M/T 6 speed
Full OME lift with Firestone airbags and daystar cradles
285/75/16s with wheel spacers
NEEDED JACK BRACKET EXTENSIONS TO INSTALL CAMPER WITH CURRENT WHEEL/TIRES
(So here's the deal...I'm a toyota guy. Always will be. Really wanted to go diesel and get a Granby. Just couldn't do it.
The truck drives well, a little sluggish but to be expected. This isn't my first big camper on a toyota. The nice thing about the manual is it comes with 4.30 gears as apposed to 3.90 gears with the auto. Just enough to keep the stock gears and paired up with the manual trans its good. I've thought about regearing to 5.29s but just not ready to take that leap. I'll prob be over 1k with all gear and additional water but that ain't too bad.

Really happy with finding this brand new shell, that already had alot of options but wanted a bit more. It was brand new, sitting in storage and never installed. Got a great deal, private sale and no tax. Only downside is I had to drive down to GA to pick it up.....from WA. All good. Beautiful fall road trip and a great way to spend time in the camper. Now if only the gas prices were a bit lower.
I got a heck of alot of help and questions answered from WTW and the individuals on the forums, so thanks alot, I really do appreciate it ✌
Nick

Attachments

• 20211027_184516.jpg
    20211027_184516.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 645
  • 20211027_184927.jpg
    20211027_184927.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 714
  • 20211027_185115.jpg
    20211027_185115.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 714
  • 20211027_185259.jpg
    20211027_185259.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 702
  • 20211027_185415.jpg
    20211027_185415.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 588
  • 20211027_190124.jpg
    20211027_190124.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 548
Great job. Thanks for sharing your build. Curious why you didn't run the sink drain through the side with a brass threaded elbow and cap. Having to go out and connect your gray water hose to a container each time will get old.

longhorn1 said:
Great job. Thanks for sharing your build. Curious why you didn't run the sink drain through the side with a brass threaded elbow and cap. Having to go out and connect your gray water hose to a container each time will get old.
If I actually collected the small amount of grey water I have from doing my dishes I guess that would get old. But more importantly I didn't want to put a hole in my camper, (if I didn't have too) especially with the driverside slider so close to the sink.

Great looking rig. Are you able to drive camper on truck into garage? (I'm assuming that's yours in pic background) I've owned a small Toyota truck for 30 years and currently have an eagle on the back. Been thinking about upgrading truck and camper to something like you have but trying to figure out if it will fit into my garage like my current rig. I can currently squeeze my 83" rig into my garage and have enough height for a 89" rig with minor garage door work. Any idea of your total height with your current config of solar, etc.?

Adding my kudos Nick.
Especially like the custom sink cabinet and pump. And love the furnace. Not having a furnace on ours was my only regret. Still living way down south only had deal with the desert cold nights. At least we don't have humidity down here.

Happy camping to you

Wildcat said:
Great looking rig. Are you able to drive camper on truck into garage? (I'm assuming that's yours in pic background) I've owned a small Toyota truck for 30 years and currently have an eagle on the back. Been thinking about upgrading truck and camper to something like you have but trying to figure out if it will fit into my garage like my current rig. I can currently squeeze my 83" rig into my garage and have enough height for a 89" rig with minor garage door work. Any idea of your total height with your current config of solar, etc.?
Hey Wildcat, I am able to drive into the garage. Its really close. I measured 92" but thats with the yakima cross bars. Those cross bars are pretty tall, thinking around 4 to 5 additional inches. I'm thinking you'd be fine even with a solar panel. I could give you some more exact measurements in a couple days if you like.

RC Pilot Jim said:
Adding my kudos Nick.
Especially like the custom sink cabinet and pump. And love the furnace. Not having a furnace on ours was my only regret. Still living way down south only had deal with the desert cold nights. At least we don't have humidity down here.

Happy camping to you
Hey Jim, thanks for the kudos! Excited to get back down to the desert myself! I spend most of my winters in AZ and have been venturing into baja more recently. We'll see how much I do use the furnace. It'll definitely be nice when I make the drive down from WA. It can definitely get pretty cold in the Basin when I'm driving through and I do like to spend some time in those mountains before I get down to AZ. Hope all is well, Nick

Holmes said:
Hey Wildcat... I could give you some more exact measurements in a couple days if you like.
That would be great whenever you have the opportunity. And I suspect your OME lift is adding a couple of inches. On my current gen1 taco I run tall 15" tires and use Firestone airbags but have to deflate to 10 pounds to get into garage.

Great setup! I’m a Toyota loyalist myself but my family needs may grow to a point I will need to go to an American HD. Either way I think a shell build similar to what you’ve done is in the cards. Likely a hawk.
Where in WA are you located? I’m in the Tacoma area.

Hey there Holmes. Let's connect. I'm in Wa and travel / vacation down to S Cal and Baja during winter with my Fleet shell/taco.

Hey Nick,

For our sink usage we use a tub in the sink. We can then dump it where necessary. In the morning the breakfast dish and toothpaste gets used for a rinse of the pee bottle.

The tub we use is the one you would get for a hospital stay, we paid highly for it but you could find a similar one to fit your sink.
20211031_103231_resized.jpg
20211031_103250_resized.jpg

Wildcat said:
That would be great whenever you have the opportunity. And I suspect your OME lift is adding a couple of inches. On my current gen1 taco I run tall 15" tires and use Firestone airbags but have to deflate to 10 pounds to get into garage.
Hey Wildcat, I've got those measurements for ya. Took several:
Just the camper 86"
With panel on yakima tracks on z bar 88"
Roof vents are .5 higher then panel 88.5"
With yakima cross bars 90.75
Disregard the first measurement I sent ya on the previous post, it was incorrect. Hope this helps and hope you've got the clearance!

Seattle Mitch said:
Hey there Holmes. Let's connect. I'm in Wa and travel / vacation down to S Cal and Baja during winter with my Fleet shell/taco.
Hey Mitch, I'll be down in AZ starting late November and hoping for a baja trip in December. Let me know when your heading down!

pvstoy said:
Hey Nick,

For our sink usage we use a tub in the sink. We can then dump it where necessary. In the morning the breakfast dish and toothpaste gets used for a rinse of the pee bottle.

The tub we use is the one you would get for a hospital stay, we paid highly for it but you could find a similar one to fit your sink.
attachicon.gif
20211031_103231_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif
20211031_103250_resized.jpg
Hey Patrick, not a bad idea when I don't want or need to be using my drain. I like the idea of conserving water for washing as well.

Holmes said:
Hey Wildcat, I've got those measurements for ya. Took several ...
Thanks for the measurements! It would be a tight squeeze but at least I know that when I modify my garage door I'll have to maximize the door frame dimensions as much as possible. Enjoy your new camper and thanks for sharing the info on your mods.

bimmeryota said:
Great setup! I’m a Toyota loyalist myself but my family needs may grow to a point I will need to go to an American HD. Either way I think a shell build similar to what you’ve done is in the cards. Likely a hawk.
Where in WA are you located? I’m in the Tacoma area.
Bimmer, that's a real nice T100 you got. Hopefully I'll get to see it one of these days. Envious of the gears you're running with too. I'll make do with my 4.30 for now though. I've got a house in the majestic upper methow valley in Mazama, eastsider. I've also got a place in Prescott, AZ as well, where I spend most of my winter. Let me know if your ever in the Methow! Nick

Build looks great Holmes! Love the silver too. A month ago I picked up my Swift shell (w/ heater/ cooktop, roll-out couch, etc). I'd post a pic, but haven't figured out how to do that on this forum yet. Your sink is awesome! Did you relocated the side heater vent when you put in the sink? Also, I'm looking into putting in a DIY table similar to the style of yours and was wondering where you mounted the bracket? I can't quite tell from the photo. Thanks & enjoy your Swift!
Edit: think I figured out how to post photo...

Attachments

• IMG_0280(2).jpg
    IMG_0280(2).jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 89
Looks Awesome, i'm in the process of building my swift shell as well. I think i'm gonna start my own build thread soon to showcase what i've done. Great work and inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom