Frig tempertures

My CR1065 has been fine for a number of years...but it is fully insulated, as in every space for air around the cabinet filled with multiple layers of Reflectix and sealed over with aluminum tape....bomber.

The one area that does not have insulation is around the coil and fan, that is open to outside air circulation via the vents that were put in for the old 3-way, an uber insulated fridge with gobs of fresh air ventilation. I have two remote temp sensors, one in the door and one in the freezer, the usual temps for a setting of 5-6 are 38 for the door sensor and anywhere from -22 to 10 in the freezer, always loaded with frozen veggies, Talenti ice cream ( no leak screw on lid ) and frozen meats and fish, like packed solid. The lowest voltage I have ever seen is 12.16V, 12.40V at night and 13.8V during the on cycle during the day is nominal, seems to want about 65W of solar when cycling on.

The way I run the system in Winter with low sun angles is the main group 31 AGM battery is backup being fed by 2 x 100W flex panels on the roof, often tilted if parked. The fridge and other loads are then fed by the backup Optima Blue top that is fed by the 40W air dam panel and my removable 100W panel angled directly at the sun for a total of 340W on two independent systems. I switch power sources at night and use juice to my heart's content.

I like to spend more than a few days in a single spot, that is what it takes to make truly professional photographs happen and this dual setup allows that.

My 2¢

Kodachrome our freezers look the same right down to the Talenti ice cream. I wish the freezer was just a 1/4" higher so a pint of Ben and Jerrys would fit standing up.

2¢ ???
[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]with 340 watts and Talenti ice cream your [/SIZE]opinion[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] is more like a [/SIZE]Nickel[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] 98 and worth every penny. [/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom