From Shower Enclosures to Porta Potti's

zonker

Advanced Member
Ok... so now that I have the shower enclosure situation dialed in. Thanks to all who offered their input. I am in hopes that this group can steer me in the right direction of the proper Porta Potti! Having come from activities that did not include a "traveling toilet".. it would be nice to have collective wisdom help us in making a good choice right off the mark. Apparently we need one as we need to be more "Green" and Mrs. Zonker has informed me that we are now RV'ers so therefore one should be available for use.

Here's

Some possible solutions..................

Attachments

• mobile-outhouse-50.jpg
    mobile-outhouse-50.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 1063080.jpg
    1063080.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 512
  • bizarre006.jpg
    bizarre006.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 507
the fisherman said:
Some possible solutions..................[/QUOTEI If cost is an issue, you might find the "REDNECK BASIC" will fill your needs. Available at CABELLA'S, we all use them here in Whitethorn, low cost and easy to use. Is that a cool picture of my house, or what?

Attachments

• redneck-toilet.jpg
    redneck-toilet.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 517
Can't give you any advice on green units but from experience I'd buy the largest most comfortable (read proper height and width) one you can find.

Wow!!!
Attractive matte finish. Scratch-resistant finish is easy to keep clean; looks new for years. And a choice of Platinum or Parchment. I am so there.

But seriously Scott With kids I'm thinking size does count.

Something like the pett (or just a five gal bucket) with wag bags or something similar is fine, maybe even better if you're solo and only doing a weekend. Otherwise I think the standard porta potti's are the way to go.

toilet treatment

So, if the Zonkers decide to go the porta-potty route, then the toilet treatment becomes an issue.

I would think the Zonkers would want to ban the formaldehyde-based stuff. I recently bought some TST "Orange Power" treatment that is reputedly septic tank safe. It contains calcium nitrate.

Does anyone have any better, greener alternatives?

But seriously Scott With kids I'm thinking size does count.

The larger units are taller, so you don't need to build a platform to get the right butt height. The Sea Land units are supposed to have slightly wider seats...

Oh yeah, we use some formaldehyde free stuff in dissolving pouches. It smells fine, so far. Got it at the big RV place...

Pett vote

The Pett got our vote and works great. It's sturdy, comfy to use :thumb:, and packs up small for storage (ours is fits perfectly under the couch in the Hawk's cubby hole storage next to the door.

Wag bags are great and easy to dispose. They also fit the bill for being "green" since they are biodegradable.

I recently found an added bonus to my toilet solution -

i517641sn01.jpg

When not being used as intended, the lid flips over and clasps to the legs, making for a great camp ottoman to put your feet up by the fire! That also makes it more easily accessible in case of an untimely emergency too. With the donut ring removed (it just snaps on) it makes for a great guest chair too if you're running short on seating.

I just have to try not to giggle when I see an unassuming guest sitting on it.

KC... I will make sure that I have my own seat anytime we are hanging out around a campfire. I hate to begrudge you a smile and giggle.. but I know you will get over it.

Back
Top Bottom