Front Dinette Cushion Remodel

Lineman

Advanced Member
I have been frustrated with the front dinette on my Grandby since I got it. The factory cushions are heavy and sized so that it is difficult to convert the dinette, which I have to do everyday traveling with two kids. They make it frustrating to access the largest storage compartments on the camper. They are stuffed with cheap uncomfortable foam. They got to go!

I wanted a dinette that is easy to convert, lets me access the storage without removing cushions, has back support so we can recline back in bed mode to read or watch movies, and is more comfortable.

The new dinette has 7 total cushions instead of 4.

driverside11.jpg

cont...

The lower cushions are split to allow access to the storage without needing to remove anything.

splitcushion.jpg

The back supports are made from 0.5" thick aspen. Light weight and store tight against the wall when not needed.

woodbacksupport.jpg

In bed mode the seventh cushions acts as a back support so we can read and watch movies sitting up.

bedMode.jpg

Cushions have quality 3" foam and removable flannel covers. I built this about 18 months ago and have used it several trips. It has fixed all my complaints about the factory setup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom