FS: 6 foot Wildernest

glove3390

Craigslist ad here:

https://boulder.craigslist.org/for/d/6-ft-wildernest/6596630981.html

Asking $1300 + 150 for the platform (but open to offers on WTW). I purchased that 1988 Six Pac from here, so this has to go.

Info from ad:
6 foot long wildernest. Currently on my 2013 Tacoma, but technically is designed for older 6 foot beds (Ranger, Dakota, older Tacos, etc).
I am the third owner and it has been well cared for all its life, indicating the price. This is a COMPLETE wildernest. The only thing I had to purchase for it were two tent legs to support the opened bed/base. I also built a custom platform to my bed with a collapsible futon for interior seating and another sleeping area, plus for locking storage--this platform is available for an additional $150 (covers the materials).

Selling because I bought a hard side camper, pretty sad to see it go.

Happy to deliver within 30-45 minutes of Boulder, though it is a pain to unload without camper jacks (there are places that rent fairly cheaply in Arvada)

Pros:
-Ready to use
-memory foam for the sleeping area
-contains ALL parts
-have mounting clamps for utility track Tacoma and for older style
-cheaper than a roof tent and more functional
-7 feet of standing room when opened
-Has canvas zip "ceiling" to contain all the framing when closed up
-has the two angled steel parts to prop out the front/rear windows on the canvas

Cons:
-One ~2 inch tear at the front passenger corner of the canvas from the aluminum frame rubbing over 10 years. Easily patchable, but never bothered me.
-someone tore a bit of rear window seal off, so I replaced it with non-stock and extended it slightly to cover the gap formed by my bed being a bit wide. This is shown in photos.
-missing the key for the rear window lock. I never bothered to replace it as I'd rather someone open the rear hatch than smash the glass.
-Small chip through the top outer paint to fiberglass from loading it when I purchased it. I epoxied it immediately to not expose the fiberglass. Could use a bit of paint or fingernail polish for paint-match. (Also shown in photos)

Feel free to text or email questions.

Bump, price drop to a more reasonable $1300. I’d rather it get use than sit in my garage waiting for a better sale once i swap over.

Back
Top Bottom