Fun rigs in Iceland

brett13

Lovecock
I just got back from a week in Iceland. Let me just say, they love their trucks there! They call some of them "Super Jeeps", and the name is not misplaced. Here's just a few shots of things we saw there.

My wife in between, for scale:
12-09-Icel44_zps04eacdfa.jpg

She's admiring the Land Rover:
12-09-Icel15_zpsc93ad46d.jpg

12-09-Icel7_zps7ddf61fb.jpg

This was interesting. This camper was on a Toyota Hilux and the driver was hauling around this circle, that's why its leaning (though I took the pic quickly and my horizon is crooked, so it looks worse than it was). He was in a big rush, it seemed. I saw this camper model several times- it looks intersting.
09-12-Iceland357_zps2e092ffe.jpg

The Nissan Patrol seemed to be the most popular rig, followed by Land Rover Defenders and then Land Cruisers. I was in truck heaven! If anyone is interested, I'll post other pics from the trip. I highly recommend venturing over there, it is amazing.

I love the rigs they can get in other countries. Many are diesel, are rugged, have more torque and get better mileage. Like the guy I met from Switzerland who had a 2010 Land Rover Defender camper conversion rig sent over to use while he traveled the states for six months. But you know the CARB controlled USA.

http://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Colorado-Jeeping-San-Juan/24724799_DGPr5v#!i=2022081647&k=JcDKNrj

Attachments

• MG7975-XL.jpg
    MG7975-XL.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom