Funny post on Travel Amateurs Website

Bill D

Our Home on Wheels

We’ve traded in our apartment for a Toyota Tundra and Four Wheel Camper. There’s no yard to maintain, no landlord or HOA, and we can change neighbors whenever we please…

We decided on a 4WD truck and a lightweight aluminum-framed camper so we could get really ‘out there’ before realizing we’re lost and ill-prepared. A normal vehicle would whimper at the site of rough terrain. On the other hand, the Tundra and FWC will let us drive up a mountain via a narrow rock bed until we are stuck with no way to turn around, without making a peep. At least it has a fridge, which will be stocked with cold beer for those head-scratcher moments when I inevitably get us into a pickle. The beer will make it appear that I’m simply resting before executing my well-thought-out fix to the problem. Don’t tell Jenna though…she thinks I know “stuff.” Just wait til’ she sees me without Google and YouTube at my disposal.

I laughed... hopefully you did too :)

I was definitely surprised to see this! We haven't opened up the website (www.travelamateurs.com) to the public just yet since we don't plan on telling our bosses that we're quitting until a few weeks from now. I had to remove the password protection for a few days so that I could test out the blog post subscription module, and it looks like Bill D must have stumbled upon the site at just the right time. Glad you liked the post! I'll definitely let WTW know as soon as we say adios to our jobs and open the site back up.

Just popped up during a Google search for Four Wheel Camper Hawk.

Don't get too excited, you haven't cracked the Googke ranks yet.
I was searching on content that was posted within the past 24 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom