FWC add furnace?

I am not sure that not using a heater will really help the condensation issue. The moisture you produce through breathing, cooking etc is still going to condense when it hits a surface that is below the dew point. I guess you could ventilate more if you weren't worried about loosing your heat, but a breezy camper in the winter seems to defeat the point of a camper :).

[SIZE=11.6667px]I don't mind spring and fall cold, but in New England, we are talking teens to single digits at night. Last year we spent some time in the White mountains and woke up to 9 degree's f. I'll play around with the Buddy that I have and see if can find a safe place, I probably won't keep it on all night, just a few hours before bed and in the am. [/SIZE]

Regarding weight, it all adds up. Bikes, boots, awning..... I'm working on a rear hitch swing away storage box/bike holder, it's no light weight, but, I don't see too many alternatives. Same with propane, 11 lbs won't be too much considering the Fleets/Hawks come with 2 10s.

For anyone who camps in places that get cold, I would always recommend they buy the heater/propane as pre-installed. I bought a shell and that was the only thing that was factory installed. I am VERY happy I did this. Given I live in the Northwest, that heater is one of the most important items in the camper as it allows us to be very comfortable no matter what the weather outside. Chris

Back
Top Bottom