Fwc Blazer Project

K5 FWC

For years I have wanted a FWC camper, but a camper mounted on a pickup just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then I saw the Blazer version, the hook was set. I have been shopping around seriously for the past six months and several slipped through my fingers as I tried to follow up with more information from the seller. I finally found this one attached to a 91 GMC Jimmy a few weeks ago in Denver. It had shown up on Craigslist on a Saturday and by the following Tuesday I flew up from Albuquerque and drove it home. It is usable with a little work, but I expect to rebuild it over the coming year.
Blazer Camper (B).jpg
Blazer Camper (A).jpg

Congratulations! I like that combination. Have fun with the rebuild and keep us in the loop as you do it, please ( love watching other people work).

I'll keep an eye out for your rig on the NM roads and trails.

Hi, I am new to the site. Good to see you got one. I believe you were also looking at one in Omaha. I bought that and drove it to Michigan. The owner said he had a call from Albuquerque, I thought it was the fellow selling one down there fishing out the competition. I will try to attach the photo.

I had to resize the photo. Does this look familiar? I noticed yours for sale after I bought mine. I just turned on the heat in the garage to go out and work on it. I have to take the rear wheels off so I can get overhead clearance to open the camper. 8 inches of snow here yesterday.

Attachments

• email.JPG
    email.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 249
For years I have wanted a FWC camper, but a camper mounted on a pickup just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then I saw the Blazer version, the hook was set. I have been shopping around seriously for the past six months and several slipped through my fingers as I tried to follow up with more information from the seller. I finally found this one attached to a 91 GMC Jimmy a few weeks ago in Denver. It had shown up on Craigslist on a Saturday and by the following Tuesday I flew up from Albuquerque and drove it home. It is usable with a little work, but I expect to rebuild it over the coming year.
View attachment 7155
View attachment 7156

It is good to see other K5 FWC owners. I enjoy mine more every time I use it, when I go it is for months at a time. Really enjoy the openness between the cab and camper. Anxious to see the work you do. I do have two boards that were cut for replacing the pop up area, they are necessary for proper spacing. If you need measurements let me know.

It is good to see other K5 FWC owners. I enjoy mine more every time I use it, when I go it is for months at a time. Really enjoy the openness between the cab and camper. Anxious to see the work you do. I do have two boards that were cut for replacing the pop up area, they are necessary for proper spacing. If you need measurements let me know.

Yes, please. The front board is seriously in need of repair.
Thanks

Yes, please. The front board is seriously in need of repair.
Thanks

Sorry K5 FWC. I have boards for spacing if you need to replace the soft part of the camper. I do not have the replacement end supports.

The gentleman I bought my rig from gave me the boards and said it was very important to have them if I ever want to replace the soft part of my camper.

chnlisle, if you knew me, you wouldn't bother being jealous. LOL. 85k54wc, I got your personel post and I think my 3rd attempt to reply probably made it. K5FWC, I have the same issue. I have already removed mine and repaired the vinyl. I have enough panel left to use it as a pattern. I started cutting my panels out of 1/4 inch birch and made a adjustable support to hold my top up. I have an idea for a fixture that will allow me to fold the hinges, hold them in place, then get a enough screws in to hold it to the frame and then remove the fixture. I will post more about it on a new post when I get to it shortly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom