FWC-Earliest Year Kestrel?-WTB

dashboardburrito

Advanced Member
Ahhh, the white whale- the Kestrel. Specifically made for the first generation Tundra and perhaps the hardest to find FWC out there.

Does anyone know when FWC began making these? I'm assuming in 2000 since that's when the Tundra first came out and this puppy is designed for that truck.

I'm looking for a lightweight camper for my 2000 Tundra and this one's a heavy weight (light weight) contender if I can find one at a decent price.

Years made?
What's a reasonable price for one of these?

A regular Hawk will fit and be easier to find and to sell later. I have a Hawk on my 2006 Tundra.

billharr said:
A regular Hawk will fit and be easier to find and to sell later. I have a Hawk on my 2006 Tundra.
Yeah, I've looked into those. Seems there there's a huge wind-catching gap between the cab of the truck and the front of the camper. How's this working out for you? Does it effect you mpg and make wind noises as you bomb down the highway?

dashboardburrito said:
Yeah, I've looked into those. Seems there there's a huge wind-catching gap between the cab of the truck and the front of the camper. How's this working out for you? Does it effect you mpg and make wind noises as you bomb down the highway?
No to mileage, yes to wind noise. I run with a wind wing that solves the problem.

IMG_5748.jpg

Nice!- that looks like a good solution to the fit dilemma. I'm also looking at Fleet models.

Just tonight, an older Fleet popped up on C-list, but about 7 hours north of me...Price was OK at $4,500 for a clean looking older unit. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow.

Some Hawks (Built for 97-ish and up for F-150's) have a built-in spacer 2-3 inches thick underneath the floor. Although removable, it does require some sheet metal surgery on the front/back.

Some details here and here.

Dashboardburrito

I know of a Kestrel Model going up for sale in Tucson Arizona soon. Let me know if you would like his contact information. Camper looks to be in good condition. Normal wear and tear. Not sure on his asking price yet? He’s buying a new camper from us with the Front Dinette.

Stan

Stan@FourWheel said:
Dashboardburrito

I know of a Kestrel Model going up for sale in Tucson Arizona soon. Let me know if you would like his contact information. Camper looks to be in good condition. Normal wear and tear. Not sure on his asking price yet? He’s buying a new camper from us with the Front Dinette.

Stan
PM sent

I found what looks to be a good condition older Phoenix camper. If a camper isn't down the road, one must commit, so I did. The price was right- $1,200. I know I'll have to do some fixing up, but hopefully all will be well -- and dry....

Picking it up tomorrow- will post pics of future progress...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom