FWC Finch and Mazda B4000

chingchangchop

Hey all,

New to the forum and am looking at picking up a FWC Finch for my 2010 Mazda B4000 (Ford Ranger).
All the things I've read online say it should fit in my bed, but I spoke with one person from FWC and they said I might not be able to slide it in all the way since the wide back of the camper will hit the wheel wells.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments/advice on this?
Just FYI, I'm not referring to the Ranger notch. I believe I'll end up pounding it down with a sledge hammer.

Thanks

I had to pound down a small section of my 2009 4WD Ford Ranger Supercab with a hammer when I loaded my FWC Eagle shell, it fit very tight but it did fit. Then I bolted it thru the floor, per FWC FACTORY info. I also added a custom spring pack with an additional 1000lb capacity and OEM height from Alcan spring company in Fruita, CO, Rancho shocks and BFG 10ply all terrain T/A tires. Been on the truck for 3 years, rides great. Its my every day driver as well.

I'm not sure how a Finch compares to an Eagle shell.

chingchangchop said:
Hey all,

New to the forum and am looking at picking up a FWC Finch for my 2010 Mazda B4000 (Ford Ranger).
All the things I've read online say it should fit in my bed, but I spoke with one person from FWC and they said I might not be able to slide it in all the way since the wide back of the camper will hit the wheel wells.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments/advice on this?
Just FYI, I'm not referring to the Ranger notch. I believe I'll end up pounding it down with a sledge hammer.

Thanks
Welcome to the cult. You should contact Marty at ATC campers.
The Bobcat works perfect on the Ranger/Mazda trucks.
They made my Bobcat for it's original truck a 08 Ranger Supercab
fits perfect. The camper has a small "notch"on the left rear to fit around the
optional fuel filler area.
On the Ranger I just added "Supersprings" for the load and worked well for me.
Frank

How long is the bed in your Mazda? My 2000 Eagle fits well in the 6' bed of my 2003 Ranger. Isn't the Finch for a 5' Bed?

Hey all,

Ended up grabbing the camper, and using ratchet straps to secure it on the ride home. https://imgur.com/a/zFx8FgD
I'll be figuring out the mountain points for the internal mounting system this week. I'm leaning towards the Quick-Ties removable 3/8" eye bolts.
The Finch fits perfectly within the six foot bed with the thicker bumpers at the front preventing me from closing the tailgate.

The camper is around 700 pounds and well under the payload for the B4000.
It definitely sits lower, but the 800 km (~500 mile) ride home was quite smooth considering I had to drive back through the mountains.
I'm considering either airbags or the super-springs, with pros and cons for both.

Thanks for all the answers.
If you have any tips or recommendations, let me know.

That camper looks great on your truck.
When my Bobcat was mounted on the Ranger Supercab
I used Supersprings and they did a nice job.
Although now that the Bobcat is mounted on an 02 Tundra AC cab I went with the air bags.
I like the bags as you can adjust the air pressure to level the camper
to fit your needs.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom