FWC Finch Interior Remodel

redforman

Hi, I am in the early stages of remodelling the interior of my 2009 Finch FWC. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if this "bulkhead(?)" is there for structural integrity? There are no visible screws and the wall panels are cut around it. There was a rollover couch. This is behind where the backrest was.
I am going to send an email to FWC in the hope that they will answer my question but I thought one of the members might have an answer.
Thank you, Sean.

Attachments

• IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 67
Everything that is black in the image below is the 3/4" plywood tub of a typical FWC slide-in camper.

FWCfactoryFrame2.jpg

Click on the image to enlarge.

Hi, thank you both for your response, I really appreciate it! I figured that it must be tied into the plywood tub and is part of the structure that sits over the wheel well. I guess what throws me off is that it's not like that on the other side of the tub. At the end of the day I'm going to play it safe and leave it alone as I can work around it.

Wandering Sagebrush: It looks like that's a "Griff" in your avatar pic? Our "Griff" is 5. She is hands down the best dog I have ever had! Fear the Beard!

redforman said:
Hi, thank you both for your response, I really appreciate it! I figured that it must be tied into the plywood tub and is part of the structure that sits over the wheel well. I guess what throws me off is that it's not like that on the other side of the tub. At the end of the day I'm going to play it safe and leave it alone as I can work around it.

Wandering Sagebrush: It looks like that's a "Griff" in your avatar pic? Our "Griff" is 5. She is hands down the best dog I have ever had! Fear the Beard!
Sean, we have German wirehair pointers, that was Salty, my first GWP. Do you hunt your Griff? We now have Fritz, my lightweight 92 pound male, and Ketzel our 70 pound female. They 6 and 5 respectively.

All the floor packs I’ve seen were symmetric, so I’m guessing you’ve got some additional structure that is hiding the plywood tub on the other side.

Post lots of pics of your build (and your Griff), we love pictures.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Sean, we have German wirehair pointers, that was Salty, my first GWP. Do you hunt your Griff? We now have Fritz, my lightweight 92 pound male, and Ketzel our 70 pound female. They 6 and 5 respectively.

All the floor packs I’ve seen were symmetric, so I’m guessing you’ve got some additional structure that is hiding the plywood tub on the other side.

Post lots of pics of your build (and your Griff), we love pictures.
Wow, Fritz is a big boy! Harley is close in weight to Ketzel. I grew up bird hunting with my dad. Life happened though and I haven't been able to get out for quite a few years. Long story short, Harley's main job is being our loving family pet and occasional squirrel and rabbit stalker.

I will definitely post pictures! I'm looking forward to sharing as I move forward with the project. Question, should I continue doing so using this thread or is there another topic area I should post in?

Sean

redforman said:
Wow, Fritz is a big boy! Harley is close in weight to Ketzel. I grew up bird hunting with my dad. Life happened though and I haven't been able to get out for quite a few years. Long story short, Harley's main job is being our loving family pet and occasional squirrel and rabbit stalker.

I will definitely post pictures! I'm looking forward to sharing as I move forward with the project. Question, should I continue doing so using this thread or is there another topic area I should post in?

Sean
Sean, I recommend that you start a new thread that is labeled as a build. There is considerable interest in how others configure their campers. If you run into trouble with pictures, there are several pinned threads in the Member Support forum. If those don’t help, send me a PM.
The fur babies a few years ago
gallery_4841_711_62800.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom