FWC Getaway: How long does it take you?

It is interesting how others use their campers. I cook mostly inside. When we go to running races my wife loves pancakes after a marathon. When I am hunting, fishing, or scouting I normally do oatmeal so I can get out early. On the morning we are heading home, I like to make pancakes, eggs, and Sausage before we leave. In the evenings even if I grill outdoors I like to warm up vegetables or cook up zucchini. Like I said I bet I cook inside 95% of the time. But I do have a cleaning ritual I do before I head home.

I added an outside propane connection so that we can run either our Magma bbq or our Camp Chef stove off the camper's tank. I have a valve in the inside cabinet that turns off this connection.

i-CZpp2g6-M.jpg

If you include planning meals, cooling down the fridge, etc. it is about a two day process for us. For a "no worries, we'll eat whatever is in the camper, let's just go!" kind of trip it's about an hour to pack and load. Being a diesel I try to keep the fuel tank full when parked, less condensation caused bacteria issues that way.

Back
Top Bottom