FWC Grandby Shell Customizations

RicoV

Below are a few pix of the add-ons and other customizations my wife and I have made to our 2011 FWC Grandby Shell. I'll describe them in their order of appearance: -- braced plywood bridges to make a queen bed base on lower tier -- cushion arrangement for bed -- two air-adjusted topper pads join to make a 60x80" queen -- sheets and comforter result in a very nice sleeping arrangement on lower tier -- easily movable command hooks for coats, hats, etc. -- plastic box to hold toiletries, held in place by two command hooks -- porta-potti toilet on 3/8" EVA foam-tiled floor -- gas struts help to raise the roof above the loft area -- two braces hold up battery compartment door when needed -- blue-hued moon 12v nightlights -- remounted rear lower compartment door from right-hinged to bottom-hinged -- collapsible TV trays from yesteryear -- sponge strips secured by velcro wrap-ties dampens clanking roof clamps when windy -- auxiliary blind side mirrors aid in visibility when driving -- cargo step anchored by chains: it stores water jugs, firewood, entry doormat, stabilizer jacks, mtn-bike mount -- stabilizer jacks and surface levelers -- portable fold-up outdoor kitchen -- quick-erect tent stores bed bridge, cushions, bedding etc. during the day -- privacy tent has a portable outdoor toilet and a pump-spray shower.
I will plan to add more pix as time goes on, stay tuned...
You can view more stuff at: http://www.wix.com/desertjann/Four-Wheel-Camper

Attachments

• fwc1.jpg
    fwc1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 194
  • fwc2.jpg
    fwc2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
  • fwc3.jpg
    fwc3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 178
  • fwc4.jpg
    fwc4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 169
  • fwc5.jpg
    fwc5.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 155
  • fwc6.jpg
    fwc6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 153
  • fwc7.jpg
    fwc7.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 153
  • fwc8.jpg
    fwc8.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 161
  • fwc10.jpg
    fwc10.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 172
  • fwc11.jpg
    fwc11.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 159
  • fwc12.jpg
    fwc12.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 160
  • fwc13.jpg
    fwc13.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 154
  • fwc14.jpg
    fwc14.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 142
  • fwc15.jpg
    fwc15.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 158
  • fwc16.jpg
    fwc16.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 185
  • fwc18.jpg
    fwc18.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
  • fwc19.jpg
    fwc19.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 145
  • fwc20.jpg
    fwc20.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 127
  • fwc21.jpg
    fwc21.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 118
Nice! Thanks for the pictures. Where did you get your cargo step? I couldn't make out the chains, are they to keep it from rocking side to side? I need to pick up one of those.

Jim

Stabilizer jacks help in the wind?

They definitely do. And they also absorb most of the typical bounciness of the truck shocks when you're moving around inside the camper or rolling over in bed.

Nice! Thanks for the pictures. Where did you get your cargo step? I couldn't make out the chains, are they to keep it from rocking side to side? I need to pick up one of those.
Jim

There are many vendors for these kinds of cargo carriers on Amazon for example (ours is 20x60"). A chain string hooked into a hole on each side of the carrier then links up to the bottommost hole of the rear-corner camper jack mounts via simple carabiners, very sturdy.

RicoV -
Great way to jump into the community -- welcome! :)

And luv those vintage TV trays!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom