FWC Hawk/KESTREL fits Tundra-FOR SALE

Joelg31

2006 KESTREL (Hawk)

The Kestrel is a Hawk modified to fit on a pre 2007 Toyota Tundra with 6' bed. The modification is necessary as The Tundra bed is 3” less deep compared to Ford/Chev/Dodge. This makes interior height 3 inches less than a Hawk. Out side of removing 3” of height the Kestrel is a Hawk. It would probably require a platform to fit other full-size short bed trucks. Stan could probably address that issue.
This camper is in next-to-new condition. It has never been taken off my Tundra and has always been garaged.

Extras:
Screen door, Auxiliary battery system including Optima never below 50% discharge.
I retrofitted an Olympian Wave 3 Catalytic Safety Heater which IMO is superior to the factory furnace as it requires no electricity to operate. It starts with a piezo electric is very efficient and safe. It is 99.8% efficient-almost no CO; 1,600 to 3,000 BTU of soft infrared heat. It uses 1/8lb LP per hr. and is good to 12,000 ft. The installation is neat and can be removed in 30 seconds.

It has an ice box; NO refrigerator.

I am selling the Kestrel because my wife refuses to off-road. I've never been in 4wheel drive with her in the truck. Looking for a Casita Liberty Deluxe travel trailer if you have one to sell or trade. Located in grand Junction, CO. Delivery in CO,AZ,NM,NV area possible thru mid Nov. 07.

Price: $ 7,200 Replacement cost would be about $10,500.
http://community.webshots.com/user/joelg31 for photos.
This is a very clean unit. No dings,etc.

Joelg31@hotmail.com
970-255-1991
970-260-1438 (CELL)

fit

There would be no problem fitting it to other short bed trucks. You would just have to build a base underneath it for the extra height of the bed rail on the new truck. That would be from 3" to 5" depending on the model that it was put on.

Kestrel?

So if we mounted it on our 2000 dodge 1500 quad cab, what would the difference be in the Kestrel and a hawk? Also we do happen to have a 95 16' casita, freedom deluxe that we might consider trading for a four wheel camper. We have not decided if we want to sell or keep it.

Hello Joe,

You shouldn't have any trouble selling that camper. Lot's of Toyotas here.

I love the Grand Junction area. I lived in Clifton back in the late 70's. Me and a girl friend had 2 1/2 acres with ditch water irrigation. Lost the girl and the land. Sure do miss that property.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for responding.

Appreciate all your responses and advice.

Ben, Thanks for clarifying the fitments issue with a Kestrel.

Mike,Grand Junction is a great place if love the out-of-doors,LOL:), and do I ever love those red rock canyons!

Love my FourWheel. Too bad it didn't work-out for the US. Ya gots go with the flow.

Anybody got a Casita Liberty?

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom