FWC installation bars for 2005 and newer Toyota Tacoma

Your Mileage May Vary

Advanced Member
Most of you here will know that if you will be installing a Four Wheel Camper on a 2005 or newer Toyota Tacoma, you will need these installation bars. The one piece plastic bed liners in the Tacoma cannot be removed, as with other pickups, and these bars are used to secure the Four Wheel Camper to the bed of the 2nd and 3rd generation Tacos.

I used these for one season. I had a 4WC Fleet model on a 2007 Tacoma. Works very well and I liked the set up. My driving was mostly highway (I attended two Overland Expo shows and went as far as Arizona and back with them) and some off road. My wife, however, did not like the camper and so a few years ago I sold the Fleet. He had an older Toyota T-100 and didn't require the bars.

Please note, these are the newer type, with the centering bevels.

These bars are easy to install. Basically you will need to remove the 4 bolts holding down your plastic bed to the frame of the Tacoma, place the bars across, lining up the holes, and reinstall the bolts. (You will need a torx driver to remove and reinstall the bolts). The three mats are then placed between the bars and the camper is installed on top of these. The bars can be left in the bed full time, even if the camper is removed. They are useful for securing lumber and other items.

The bars and mats are located in eastern Canada. I know, right! I'm happy to ship them, however, due to their size and weight, shipping will be extra. Just so you know, from a rough calculation with the use of my bathroom scale, together with the mats weigh about 75 lbs. They are about 52.5" long.

CDN$350 + shipping.

Attachments

• Taco Bars 1.JPG
    Taco Bars 1.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 45
  • taco bars 2.jpeg
    taco bars 2.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Taco Bars 3.jpeg
    Taco Bars 3.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 46
Is this the kit for a long bed (6 ft) Tacoma? Seems to me like the narrower front portion of the short bed wouldn't work with that wide of a bar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom