FWC Interior Trim Questions

backcountry

Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding two interior trim parts for my pop up camper restoration and I imagine it has to do with the fact that I don't know the proper name for the parts.

First, does anyone know where I can find the metal trim that covered the edge of the wood around the perimeter of the aluminum windows in the interior of early 80's Four Wheel campers?

Second, the early 80's campers used those thin sliding doors to cover storage compartments. The sliding wood door is held in by a plastic strip with a groove. See the sliding storage door in the following photo - the plastic strip guides the door. Anyone know where I can find that grooved plastic strip?
DCP_0029.JPG

I have a 1982 Scout FWC, so these parts are the same type used in other similar late seventies to mid eighties Four Wheel Campers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Joel

I think FWC still uses the same extruded plastic door guides today. If they don't, I'll bet you can probably get both items from McKillican.

Those little plastic sliders=worst idea ever. Modify it to something else. Ripping mine out is on the to do list.

On the Ranger I sold TT I replaced them with more "robust" channels and put in thicker doors too. They worked really well when I owned the camper but I don't know how they've held up.

Back
Top Bottom