Fwc Introduces The New "Fleet Model"

Stan@FourWheel

FWC is proud to offer another new camper to our product line.

We have been getting many questions and many requests over the years to bring back the older Four Wheel Pop-up Campers "Fleet Model".

The Fleet Model was originally designed to fit on the smaller trucks like the Toyota Tacoma (SR5) and Ford Rangers, etc., but the Fleet was built wider inside offering more room & more comfort than the older, narrower, Ranger II (Eagle Model).

The Eagle Model and the Fleet Model campers have the same sized camper base (the portion of the camper that is actually sitting in the truck bed is the same).

But ...

The body of the Eagle Model is 69" wide.

The body of the Fleet Model is 75" wide.

So for customers that have a smaller truck like a Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier, Dodge Dakota, etc. you can stick with the Eagle model if you like the narrower, more streamline camper.

Or if you want a little more elbow room inside, you can now go with the Fleet Model.

On both the Eagle Model or the Fleet Models, we now offer the option for hot water & the outside shower.

Attached are some pictures of the new "Fleet Model" on a new Toyota Tacoma.

Happy Camping !

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 836
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 867
Yes, some people might want to add side mirror extension to their trucks.

Yes, the jacks stick pretty far out there. I have a feeling every customer with this combo will be traveling with the jacks removed from the camper. I would at least recommend that.

I like the narrower fit of the Eagle Model on those trucks.

But I guess it is nice for the customers to have another option in case they want it.

The Fleet also fits really well on the older Toyota Tundra Access Cab trucks (2000 - 2006).

==========================================================================================

curious? looks like you need mirror extensions.(my 2008 taco with eagle)was short on mirror field of view,also looks scary with jacks hanging out in space!
Also seeing the export models you sent to oz have you got a floor plan for a flat bed install,that would make a nice platform with the added width.looks good,should work for a lot of people!
Lqhikers

Attachments

• Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #1.JPG
    Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #2.JPG
    Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 534
  • Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #3.JPG
    Fleet on Tundra (narrower camper) #3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 484
interior pics part 1

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 558
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 629
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 589
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 607
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 508
interior pics part 2

In the new Eagle & Fleet Models we were able to ...

Install a 22 gallon fresh water tank.

Move the water tank, front, center, down low (instead of having all of the weight on the drivers side).

This also freed up quite a bit more room in the cabinets for storage.

We can install the roll over couch, or a dinette with 2 seats facing each other.

Dual 12v outlets now standard.

Stainless steel sink, stainless steel stove cover.

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 475
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 565
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 504
Sure does not look like the "Fleet" I used to own. Looks great. Do you have the taller inside height option?

What I did not like about the older Fleet on my 83 Toyota bed was the added width side to side. If I was not careful I would crack my mellon on the overhang checking airpressure etc............

Yes, the Fleet has the 6' 4" interior headroom.

The older Fleets like the one you used to have were 79" wide (+ or -).

The new Fleet is only 75" wide.

The Eagle is 69" wide.

Have fun on your trip off the grid.

Post pictures when you get back !

========================================================================================

Sure does not look like the "Fleet" I used to own. Looks great. Do you have the taller inside height option?

What I did not like about the older Fleet on my 83 Toyota bed was the added width side to side. If I was not careful I would crack my mellon on the overhang checking airpressure etc............

Patrick,

I thought you were offline and wandering the extreme south right now?! Where you posting from?

Stan, sorry for the hijack. You can have DD remove this post if it is a problem.

Oops. Nevermind, just saw the other thread about wifi in Buenas Aires.

Patrick,

I thought you were offline and wandering the extreme south right now?! Where you posting from?

Stan, sorry for the hijack. You can have DD remove this post if it is a problem.

Oops. Nevermind, just saw the other thread about wifi in Buenas Aires.

Thanks Stan,

Magellan.... in Ushuaia, Argentina

I too had an older Fleet on an 88 Toyota . . . . . and I too cracked my melon more than once on those sides.

Stan,

Great to see the Fleet is coming back. I am in the middle of restoring an '89 Fleet and I really like the size of it. I am currently re-siding it. Any chance of getting some four wheel and fleet decals for the siding when it's done?

Sure !

Just e-mail me your name & mailing address to ... stan@fourwh.com

I can drop some in the mail for you.

:)

Great, thanks Stan

The older fleets are about a foot longer than this newer one too right?

yeah, my Fleet is about 1 inch less wide and 5 inches shorter than a current Grandby

Sure !

Just e-mail me your name & mailing address to ... stan@fourwh.com

I can drop some in the mail for you.

:)

Hi Stan,

I got the package of stickers yesterday - they will look great on my new siding. Thanks for sending those!

Rich

Back
Top Bottom