Fwc K5 Blazer

Welcome to the forum. What a nice rig. You've done a great job restoring it. I love the walk through to the cab. And of course the classic plaid upholstery. They should bring that back.

Mike

I'm liking this alot. What a great go-anywhere set up. I've had a '77 Blazer and an '89 Jimmy, loved them both. Great job on that bumper too!

Looking forward to seeing more - :cool:

Didn't I see you and your rig in early Oct. in Junction in the parking lot @ Lowe's? I had just bought my '81 Fleet and was getting plywood cut for my pickup bed. Nice remodel! Very mpressive. I'm still tearing into mine bit by bit - not looking forward to the lift panel re-build. Any pix or suggestions?
Small world!

Nice rig. I do a lot of boondock camping too. Mostly in Western Kansas. I have an 85 K5 with a 91 FWC. Really like your rear bumper.

I am in the process of building an off road trailer, found an m416 1/4 ton military trailer and am putting Rally wheels on it so the spare can be carried on the trailer and will fit both trailer and Blazer.

You have done an amazing job rebuilding your camper.

Impressive work, love the bumper. I just picked up a well used FWC Blazer on a 87 Jimmy.

Who made the bumper, what did it cost? It is exactly what I have been looking for.

I see that you replaced the back door. Where did you get the replacement door from? cost?

The replacement door came from FWC. It took a while to get and it wasn't cheap either but the door that was on it was in really bad shape and would have cost almost as much to rebuild. I liked having the window that opened and wish you could still get that but the screen door will work fine. I just painted the new door to match the rest of the camper, it looks a lot better now.

The door on my K5 camper either needs to be rebuilt or replaced. How difficult was the swapout? Did you have to repair/modify the frame?

Desert Geo...

I'll assume the handle refers to pebble pimps...roc docs etc. ?
I am moving back to junction minus my 76 K5 Chalet as she is
going to auction. I feel i don't need twin K5's but i do need a
camper for play and work in the oil patch. I am scrounging around
right now trying to find a FWC Blazer model to start with. However
when it comes to wiring and wrenching i am great...but when it gets
into what you have done to your camper i suck. If i can find one i
would prefer to have it torn down like you did and come back up with
it so the shell is refurbed and weathertight...and the interior mods
could come later...any idea's who could be trusted to do a good job
on something like that besides yourself? I let the RV place in orchard
mesa work on my chalet and it wasn't pretty...

Anyways i'll drop you a pm and hope to hear from you.

DW
Oil Field EM MWD/LWD Field Operator

Desert Geo This is a nice rig. I have a 78 bronco with a 92 Fwc. I am going for about the same goals that you have done with your blazer. My Compliments. Gritz

Desert Geo...

I'll assume the handle refers to pebble pimps...roc docs etc. ?
I am moving back to junction minus my 76 K5 Chalet as she is
going to auction. I feel i don't need twin K5's but i do need a
camper for play and work in the oil patch. I am scrounging around
right now trying to find a FWC Blazer model to start with. However
when it comes to wiring and wrenching i am great...but when it gets
into what you have done to your camper i suck. If i can find one i
would prefer to have it torn down like you did and come back up with
it so the shell is refurbed and weathertight...and the interior mods
could come later...any idea's who could be trusted to do a good job
on something like that besides yourself? I let the RV place in orchard
mesa work on my chalet and it wasn't pretty...

Anyways i'll drop you a pm and hope to hear from you.

DW
Oil Field EM MWD/LWD Field Operator

Don't know where you're located, but if you can get the camper to Sacramento, hand it to the guys at ATC and tell them what you want. You'll get your camper back with everything you asked for done right.

I have my Grandby over there right now having a major overhaul done and can't wait to get it back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom