FWC numbers

SloanKeterine

Advanced Member
Anyone know how many FWC campers were produced ?how many fleet, eagle, hawk etc? there are so many versions and different sizes . I’ve been looking for an eagle for years . Still haven’t pinned one down. Always been curious. Thanks and cheers

Have you checked out the ATC Bobcat? I'm not sure of the width dimensions (which is what differentiates an Eagle from a Fleet). ATC is owned by a couple of guys who used to work for FWC. Check out ATC forum on this site.

It's probably still unlikely that you would find a used ATC (lower production numbers than FWC), but you could consider a new one from them if the Bobcat dimensions are similar.

I like my Eagle, but one of these years I'm probably going to look for a bigger model when I upgrade my '98 Tacoma. It fits really well on the older smaller pickups which is what they really were designed for. As trucks got bigger, less people were buying the Eagles. I think the last year was 2014 or 2015. When I was shopping for mine, I went to FWC in Woodland and decided I didn't like the wider models on my smaller pickup. They were getting ready to end production on the Eagles and I think Stan told me the annual production numbers for Eagles was very low. I seem to remember their total production on all models was under 1,000 units annually (800-900?) and the Eagle was less than 10% of those numbers.

After leaving the factory I put an automatic search on Craigslist for Eagles (I got a notification on my phone whenever somebody posts a new listing) and eventually found one about an hour away. I called the seller within one hour of the time he posted and jumped into the car to go look at it. By the time I arrived the seller said he had answered 4 other calls and then started letting the others to voicemail.

If you are dead-set on finding a used Eagle, I suggest two approaches: call dealers who might take trade-ins and see if they can notify you if an Eagle comes through their door. And you could also watch the postings and comments from other Eagle owners on this site. I've seen at least two people who have made comments about selling within the next year or so. Many older owners decided to move on as they age for various physical reasons.

I think the FWC models vs the ATC models are similar size wise.
Bobcat/Fleet/Eagle, Check both factory sites to compare.

ATC Bobcats don't come on the market very often.

ATC great campers.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom