FWC owners in Victoria BC?

Ramblinman

Getting real close to ordering a new FWC from the factory. It is very hard to find FWC's where I am from. I did notice 2 on the road. One driver pulled over at my request and offered her input. (She loved it of course). I loitered around the other one which was parked for about 45 mins with no luck.

Currently I am visiting Victoria BC. I am hoping that there may be more FWCs here due to the closer proximity to the Canadian Distributor. If any owners are willing to show their campers I would love to see one.

Its a long shot but worth a try.

Thanks

Getting real close to ordering a new FWC from the factory. It is very hard to find FWC's where I am from. I did notice 2 on the road. One driver pulled over at my request and offered her input. (She loved it of course). I loitered around the other one which was parked for about 45 mins with no luck.

Currently I am visiting Victoria BC. I am hoping that there may be more FWCs here due to the closer proximity to the Canadian Distributor. If any owners are willing to show their campers I would love to see one.

Thanks

Nope, over in Everett, WA but if you're ever around give me a shout if you want to see my hawk. FYI: There looks to be a grandby shell for sale in Bellingham if that is of interest at all. http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5055/

Thanks

Ramblin' - glad you took my advice and joined the forum. Its a smaller group of guys here but they'll bend over backwards with help and information for you. Take a few days and read up on many of the topics here. Much has already been covered.

Like I mentioned, if you're in teh Calgary area, give me a shout, you can spend all the time you want checking out my Hawk and maybe a fizzy pop too!

I've got an Eagle with a Dinette in Chilliwack, about an hour out of Vancouver. If you do go out the valley we are close to the Freeway.

I will second the great help provided by members of this forum. there were none of the FWC up here so had to rely on info provided, by members of this forum.

robbie

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I am stuck on the island for now working. (Not a bad place to be stuck working though). I will try to hold of for a Victoria resident (Fingers Crossed!) GBW ... who knows Calgary is looking pretty close ... and that fizzy pop is very enticing! I will keep in touch.

I'm in Victoria but my truck camper is at Sun Peaks and anyway it is a Coyote RV custom Phoenix pop-up, not an FWC. I think the FWC Canadian Distributor might have some over in Vancouver. They are not so easy to get to but they would know if any have sold recently to people on the Island.

Some of you FWC owners need to get to Vancouver Island. The Island is 300 miles long and about 75 miles wide and is covered with rugged mountains, coastal temperate rain forests, rivers, lakes and of course, the Pacific Ocean. Most people live on a narrow strip on the south end of the east coast (Victoria is at the southern tip of the Island) with the west coast and north coast having a few small towns and tons of wilderness and hundreds of logging roads going every where and no where.

Was just out to Ucluelet area with my Grandby Aug 18-23. Love Barkley Sound, but east coast has great sections also. This was a combined camping/kayak trip. Been fishing there for 7 years. I love the Island.

There are several FWCs in the Seattle/Everett area. You might pick a weekend for a visit with 2-3 of us here. Only 2.5 hours and a ferry ride away.

Greetings all. I saw the discussion among the western Canadian FWC owners and decided to join the forum. We are just getting ready to order a Grandby for our 2011 Tundra through the Canadian sales rep, Gary Morrissay, over in Port Coquitlam. We visited him in July and were impressed with both the product and Gary's knowledge and honesty about FWCs. It turned out to be a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Our plan is to order in November for delivery and pickup in May or June. While we live just outside Winnipeg, we will likely pick the unit up from Gary in Calgary to save the PST and to give us a chance for a bit of a shakedown run through Grasslands National Park on the way home. The big trip will be later in the summer when we will be off for the Yukon and NWT for 6 or 7 weeks. After that, I suspect we will now the FWC very well.

We have been to the Yukon before towing a trailer and with teenage sons but this will be our chance to go where we want to without the restriction of hauling a 26' RV. We're really looking forward to it.

Greetings all. I saw the discussion among the western Canadian FWC owners and decided to join the forum.

Welcome to the Forum, White Dog.
smile.gif

Where in Canada are you?
A lot of Members include their home Location in their Profile...though some keep their's incognito.

If u are into a 3.5 hour drive, more than welcome to see the Hawk. Your call offer open.....................might even fit that tundra

We had our fleet on the Island for a couple weeks 2 yrs ago...had a real good trip..Mostly tofino area...

robbie

Saw a FWC in Vic! By chance I noted a Keystone on a Tundra while the owner was walking away from his rig! What luck! I approached the owner and politely asked for a showing to which he enthusiastically replied "Yes of course!" He was very happy with the camper. Of note was that it was a shell which allowed him to get significant use to haul other items. He has masterly mounted a series of white plastic organizational style plastic drawers (Rubermaid ????) They allowed him to store a serious amount of stuff. He had an Engel running in the back which kept ice cold. Also of interest is that he mounted a shower in the middle of the camper which he can collapse and put away.

Anyway, I would still like to see a model with more options (ie furnace, stove etc) So please keep me in mind if you hear of anyone coming this way.

Thanks again to those who offered to show their FWC's in the region. Sadly I am stuck in in Vic working with my only free time being a couple of hours in the eve.

busboy66 lives in Vic. Maybe shoot him a pm.

busboy66 and his camper are in Las Vegas right now. Heading for Phoenix tomorrow, then looping back towards Moab. Won't be back in time to show Ramblinman the camper.

Thanks again to those who offered to show their FWC's in the region. Sadly I am stuck in in Vic working with my only free time being a couple of hours in the eve.

Any possibility on your return home travel or are you flying?

Back
Top Bottom