FWC Ranger II!

erod

Check out the new FWC! We are stoked, we only camped once so far, when we went to get it last week in WY. Very impressed with the quality of the unit and the amount of room it offers...we will start a new, detailed thread soon, once I get it out on an adventure and not in the fron of my house . I'll make sure to post lots of pics. Its a 1993 Ranger II model, used very little and taken VERY good care of, still has the original tank of propane! It also has an ice box, 2 burner stove, forced air furnace, sink, screen door and sliding front window. I am amazed how good of shap this unit is in...apparently these things last forever when well taken care of. Anyway, thought you guys would enjoy a pic. New thread to come! Cheers!

Attachments

• backview.jpg
    backview.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,789
  • frontview.jpg
    frontview.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 919
Congrats EROD!!!

Nice looking rig.. As a new owner of a well taken care of Ranger myself, I can appreciate your enthusiasm.It's been about a month for me and it is not close to wearing off yet.

Great looking Taco Ranger.....

Tom

Dude!

You were in Lander! I saw your truck parked on Main Street in front of Radio Shack on Monday or was it Tuesday, afternoon. Of course a built Taco with a FWC is going to get my attention. I even said to my gf, I was in the car with, "Ooh, I should have gotten a pic of that outfit with my camera phone."

And a few minutes later you passed me again on your way up the hill leaving town. I was parked on the side of the road under a shade tree next to an abandoned cabin in a black Honda Pilot SUV thingy, just sitting there (nevermind what we were doing there.....ahem) and you went by. I was watching as you rode by, hell, I think we even made eye contact. I know you needed to shave, you scruffy fool.

I even saw the Montana license plate, but didn't make the connection since I wasn't aware you'd found one already.....

But I'm so stoked for you. Congratulations!! :cool:

....and you're totally fired for not pm'ing me and meeting up for a beer at the Lander Bar, so I could oogle your Tacoma and new FWC. :mad: ;)

Here's what looks like one of those Ranger IIs for sale in Denver
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/334365756.html

1993 Four Wheel Pop Up Camper - $1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-334365756@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-19, 4:47PM MDT

For Sale: 1993 four wheel pop up camper. Great Condition. Stove, refrig., sink, heater and queen size bed pull out and single on side. Fits small truck. Heater needs work. $1000.00 FIRM.
Please call 303-682-2331

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 730
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 637
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 575
thanks everyone for the nice comments...i will start a new thread detailed pictures of the interior, some more of the exterior and a description of some of the camper features very soon. that is a good deal on that ranger in denver...seems like it needs a little work and doesn't have a screen door. also it has different wings then the one i purchased...heck, for 1000 bucks, i bet its already gone! the ranger is great, the extra 6 inches makes a pretty noticable diiference in my opinion when it comes to counter space. ben also mentioned that some people had issues with the wings rubbing paint off their vehicles which is why they dropped that style (so heads up), mine fits great and if it rubs at all it just the tail light covers.

tom, the suspension is built up. went through a couple different set ups untill i found one i liked. in the rear i started with add a leafs, didn't do much, little lift but not nearly what i was looking for. toyota leafs are notorious for sagging after a while so i replaced them with OME 5 leaf pack with 2 over loads...better but still not there. finally, installed firestone ride-rite air bags. great purchase and got me right where i wanted to be. the front end has fabtech 2.5 adjustable coilovers and fabtech shocks all around...i-like-it-alot. its a good set up, especially if your carrying a lot of weight on your truck. hope this answers your question. thanks again everyone for your comments and stay tuned for a more detailed thread, more questions, and hopefully a lot of good adventures! cheers!

wings

Erod,

Congrats, looks like you got a great deal. Someone has already modified the wings on the camper. The original wings came up over the tail lights completely covering them on the side of the truck. Looks like someone took off about 6 inches of the wing on yours.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures now that you are ready to go.

finally got some more photos for everyone (probably myself mostly ) to enjoy. my girlfriend did some painting and dyed the curtains to lighten things up inside...ahh, a woman's touch. features include...

35lb ice box
16,000 BTU forced air furnace
2 burner stove, sink, and 12 gal water supply system
roof vent
dual 12 v overhead lights
12 v porch light
110v system
sliding front window
screen door

i even got the original owner's manual for all the equiment...apparently these were priced at $5,495.00 back in 1993. man, how times change. the camper is in great shape, no mildew, everything works great...hard to believe its a 93', goes to show if you take good care of these they last for a LONG time. didn't get out this weekend but heading to beartooth pass on friday...maybe we will get snowed on! thanks for lookin'...cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP1126.jpg
    IMGP1126.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 538
  • IMGP1127.jpg
    IMGP1127.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 563
  • IMGP1132.jpg
    IMGP1132.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 553
  • IMGP1135.jpg
    IMGP1135.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 533
  • IMGP1141.jpg
    IMGP1141.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 502
some more...

Attachments

• IMGP1145.jpg
    IMGP1145.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMGP1144.jpg
    IMGP1144.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 455
eRod,
Belated congratulations on the new camper. How much extra horse power do you get from the superchanger vs the stock v-6?

I run the TRD supercharger on my T100 as well.

It's touted to add 75hp. I believe that is measured at the flywheel. At the rear wheel (where it really matters) it translates to an additional 60hp. That's a big jump from the stock 3.4ltr's 190hp.

Oh and it is a blast to drive. The trucks suspension knows the camper is on the back, the SC does not. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom