FWC Wiring Camper to Truck Female Connector 24v or 12 v

PDXPTW

Hi WTW,

I couldnt find the answer to this anywhere.

I ordered a 12v 3 prong female connector to install my 2017 Fleet.

The camper already has a harness on it, I am just installing the truck side components.

While I ordered 12v, the packaging says '24 v male boat side plug'.

Can I use this on the 12v system or do I need to send back to Amazon and re-order?

Thanks!

Patrick

If it's just one of the trolling motor type plugs, it will work fine. There is nothing in there that is affected by different voltages. It's just wires connected to pins in the connector.

when it comes to connectors: if it fits it ships.

If you are curious: in general, different voltage connectors are specified to protect users from doing it wrong. There are connector standards for different voltages to keep you from plugging a 12v piece of electronics into a 40v system and frying it. If you have a specific use case for your connector and you know that both sides run at the same voltage, and the connector has enough insulation for your voltage, and enough current carrying capacity for your application, you can be a lot more lax about the specific connector you use. clearly a connector speced for a 24 v system will have plenty of isolation for a 12v dc system, so you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom