Garage sale Awning find

MrWindow

I think Karma is finally looking kindly on me for some unknown reason.
On my way home yesterday from the grocery store,I spot a garage sale. As I drive by at 50 mph (two lane Highway) I see a box awning leaning up against a fence.
My wife thinks I'm crazy and say's there is no way I saw what I saw at that speed. So I drop her off with the groceries and head back.

Sure enough a 9' Colorado Carefree LB Freedom II !

It has a few little battle scratches but nothing I wouldn't have done to it anyway. I ask the old boy how much? $75!
He say's his daughter had it on a pop up and took it off before she sold it. Never used it.

So now I need to figure out the best mounting for it. Rail mount or bracket mount. Anyone have a preference, best way?
It's 108" long going on a Granby. I will probably have to move a latch forward some, is that ok?

BTW we opened it up just to make sure I won't need any extra parts like new canvas, perfect shape..... never used!
MrW.

Niiice.

I think you can screw the back of the awning box straight to the FWC. Call them first and ask for the measurements where the frame is underneath the skin. My old Dometic awning was mounted this way just fine.

You will have to move the latches around a little, but no biggie there. Just be sure to seal up the old holes really well. Great score!

Back
Top Bottom