Garmin inreach mine2?

dennis 221

Just set mine up..?? When driving does the inreach track your progress while in car???

You may have problems with the antenna "seeing" the satellites. It might work right next to the windshield. Our mini doesn't work well in forest or canyons, and while driving doesn't seem to find a location (perhaps because we are moving too fast). But once it knows where you are, it seems to keep connected to the GPS's better.

We have the minimum option where tracking is too expensive to use, so just send out "we are here" presets a bit past critical junctions. That way our ground team knows where to start looking.

I heard the latest version uses more satellites, and may work better. Frankly, the mini we have is a bit disappointing. Works great when it sees a lot of sky though!

FWIW, I use an InReach Mini I attached to a suction cup Ram mount attached to the wind shield to log the driving route we take for all of our trips. I set it to a 30s logging interval, which seems to be a good compromise between battery life and accuracy. The battery lasts all day and I recharge it every night when we get to camp. This also allows family to keep track of where we are on our adventures. After the trip is over, I download each track/log as a GPX file and use it to geo tag photos I take along the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom