Gaskets

JoeKan

Can someone tell me a good place to buy replacement gaskets? This is for around the windows, doors and where the top and lower part meet.
Thanks,
Joe

correct me if I'm wrong I don't believe "off the shelf" gaskets are available. I know of no A C dedicated parts outlet.

Joe:

The four small operable windows on each side of your Alaskan are Hehr brand Standard windows, and grey seal material for them is available here:

https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Hehr-Standard-Glass-Seal-p/vts-195.htm

in 12', 24' and 48' lengths, which can be cut to size for each window. Measure the old gasket (seal) from one window, add a few inches to account for possible shrinkage of your existing seal, and then multiply by 8 if all small window seals need replacement.

I don't know of any source for the front fixed window seal, so do your best to repair it and glue it in place.

Others can answer your question about gaskets for the top of the lower half and the bottom of the upper half.

Thank you. I will check into that. I'm also interested in the gaskets that go completely around the upper half of the trailer, where the upper half and lower half meet. It's held in place by a wood trim and three screws.

If you are talking about the Pirelli seals attached to both the bottom half and top half of the camper, you can get it from Alaskan factory, I would not suggest you use anything but that product as it does last and is perfect for this application.

They may also be able to help with the actual window pane gaskets, but the window frames will need some butyl sealant to waterproof them and prevent seepage into the internal wooden framing which leads to rot.

Back
Top Bottom