Geologic Atlas of California

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
I just ran across this link while researching the complex geology of the northern Sierra.
Each quad map has color coded geology, and some of the which can be downloaded.
The Death Valley map is very interesting. There's also a Tahoe map at 1:100,000 detail level.

While I'm at it, I highly recommend caltopo.com for quick online access to 7.5' topo maps, including the whole USA, I believe. With a yahoo or google account you can do markups of the map (fairly clunky interface), and export kml files for your devices.

When you are retired you get to see some of the things you did while employed being done by others. I have a lot of Saturdays and garbage days and my days are just packed.........:) I don't have to ask permission to have days off and I don't have any more days off either.

Don't want to have Lighthawk squirm or have boss person watch him, work should be fun and I did a lot of surfing during break or lunch time. Thanks for the links.

pvstoy said:
Thursday at 9:16 am... Aren't you suposto be working? :)

Thanks for the link Andy.
Patrick, if you monitor my posts you'll see I keep pretty long hours between my vocation and half a dozen other serious hobbies. :oops:

And yes, tomorrow is Monday and I'll go to my office and put in a work day. Self-employment offers freedom to set your hours and figure out when you can pay for your retirement. I made my choice 35 years ago, and I've enjoyed a lot of freedom and still love my job. We love the popup for the ability to maximize our travel opportunities while in our working careers. This coming Friday, we're off to Loon Lake for a few days. Life is good!

Back
Top Bottom