Getting a truck now I need the Alaskan

RoadHermit

Advanced Member
Well I finally will be picking up a new truck Saturday. I went with a 6.0L 3500HD SRW 4WD 12000 GVWR. That gives me plenty of CWR for an Alaskan and anything I load it up with. I shyed away from the 2500HD after checking the CWR which was only ~1940 lbs. That's about the weight of the Alaskan before all the extras! Now to find the right Alaskan.

Thanks Stew. There was a nice side dinette for sale in BC for some time (AlaskanGreg). Too bad it didn't fit my truck. I think it was a 2007 and last I saw it was down to around $16500 before it sold. Don't know what the final sale price was.

I was wondering if TC owners generally put something between the camper and truck bed to protect both bed and camper?

Got the package together now. Here's the 10ft CO on the truck. Picked it up last Tuesday. couldn't leave well enough alone, aleady modified it so I have a grey water tank inside.

Attachments

• AKC1.jpg
    AKC1.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 164
Yep, AC on the roof. Don't know how often it will get used since I like to boondock. Maybe when it's in the driveway and plugged in. Might as well be comfortable while I work on mods. :D

Back
Top Bottom