Getting ready for another summer on the road

randygirl

Been MIA all winter. Had to work my butt off all winter for another big summer! On the 7 month journey to Alaska and back, I was pretty disappointed in the air bags. After much thought, I ended up getting a custom leaf pack made by Deaver Springs. Put them on the truck along with Bilstein 5100's front and back. Can't wait to get the camper on and see how it all comes together.

My big question: as I was reading thru old threads, I saw how the sure power 1314 was recalled! All summer in Alaska, I has problems with my charging system. The truck never charged the battery in the camper. Being that I had no clue what I was doing and had friends help that were just as clueless, I figured we wired it wrong! Thank goodness the solar kept up all but one time. Now, I spoke with sure power and they said its a 4 week turnaround time. I should have a new one from them in 4 weeks from when they get my old one. Has anyone gotten the replacement separator from them? I saw that some folks went with the ATC replacement. It was some time ago, so I was curious how people like their new systems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has grand travel plans! I know I do:)

We have a 2011 Hawk and after months of waiting for FWC to step up and offer some solution we finally went to ATC. So far everything works great, no problems and everything charging as it should.

I was probably the first one here to send my 1314 in on the recall. I waited all summer to get the replacement - but it wasn't a big deal for me. I did end up getting one of the first replacements offered - works great so far!

Thanks you guys.. I am going to wait for the one from Sure Power. Hoping they have it right by now Definitely a bit disappointed in FWC for not even contacting us about the recall. I bought the thing from them in the first place. Glad I bought my camper used!!!

You might look at this page, post #56 by Frank on the replacement Marty at ATC sent him. I bought one off ebay and it does run cooler than the Sure Power did.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4883/page__st__50

I also ended up phoning Marty at ATC and getting his replacement as I didn't want to wait. (though I did wait for the refund from SurePower). No issues with the new unit from him at all and an easy install.

Thanks you guys.. I am going to wait for the one from Sure Power. Hoping they have it right by now Definitely a bit disappointed in FWC for not even contacting us about the recall. I bought the thing from them in the first place. Glad I bought my camper used!!!

Randygirl. If you have a solar panel you might consider the battery isolator offered by Marty at ATC,as it lets the panel charge both the camper battery and the truck one. Pretty cool keeps the truck up in charge.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom