Getting some more info on new camper

surfib

First off I want to give a big hand to Ben over at ATC. He, by far, was the most willing and helpful when it came to my questions out fo any other manufacturer. He does a superb job!

Now on to my questions,

I am looking at just going to the ice box, everywhere I go I can get ice, and plan on bringing coolers so I can store extra in them. Anyone have grief with the ice box. My concern with the fridge is its just one more think to suck battery or propane, not too big of a deal as I'm going with solar and I have a generator, but ultimately, who needs a fridge when they are camping! JMO

Another is the electric water pump, how well does the hand pump work? I have an electric in my camper now but I don't have any experience with the hand pump one.

Attached is my current Baja rig, definately time to down grade. I'll be leaving her on a plot of land somewhere in Baja before I get the new ATC. Now I just have to figure out how to attach all those lights to my new ATC. HAHA

Attachments

• bajarig.jpg
    bajarig.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 292
questions

Here is my 2 cents worth for you. First of all, thank you for complement.

The older ice boxes had a door problem with staying closed. The new ones have a new latch system that seems to be working well finally. We had one customer years ago that would call me and get a new ice box once a year. Don't know how he was tearing up the boxes though. Haven't had any problems with the new ones yet. I still like a refer better though.

The hand pumps seem to work alright. Even if you put an electric water pump in the camper, you still have the hand pump on the sink and can use either one. We did just have one hand pump go bad on Alex Yeh's camper. I sent him a new one the other day. The old one of his was leaking out the bottom for some reason. I will assume that it was a manufacturer defect on the pump since it was a new pump. So far that is the only one we have had a problem with to date.

If you would like to get in touch with one of our current customers about a camper they own and how it is working out for them, just let me know. I do have one customer that I know has been to Baja and would be willing to talk with you about his camper and how it is performing for him.

NOw if I went with a ice box first, you could retrofit a refer in there later correct? It is 3 way right, propane, 12v, 110v?

As far as the electric pump, at $80 I don't really have much to lose.

I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find it,what is the weight capacity of the roof? I plan on putting the yakima set up on top so I can put boards and what not but was wondering about a cargo basket to put gas cans, spare tire, etc... since i could put the boards in the camper. Also, is that gonna affect placement of the solar panels or are they small enough to Accommodate?

Top weight

The refer can be put in later and it is a 3 way.

The roof will hold what ever you want to put on it in the down position. It is rated to hold a 1000 pounds of snow in the up position. You do have to realize though, that most of what you put up on roof will have to come off before you raise the roof. It does not take much up there to start to get really heavy when trying to lift the roof up. We have had customers in the past put the cargo pods on the Yakima system. From what I hear though, you have to unload most of what you put in them to lift the roof.

The solar panels can go on the front of the roof out of the way of the pods or what ever else you want to put on the back. Just depends on the size of the panels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call at 800-446-1003

Back
Top Bottom