Gnome, Gnome on the road, where there's deer, antelope and toads...

100acrehuphalump

In a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia
So begins the journey...tomorrow and for the next two months. I'm hoping to make it somewhere into eastern Arkansas to find a decent campsite, then over to Fayetteville to visit with an old friend. Monday I'll be driving across Oklahoma ( hopefully without tornadic activity ) and I'll try to make it to Palo Duro Canyon SP, just south of Amarillo. I stayed there last year. Beautiful canyon, big too. Tuesday will hopefully see me in New Mexico and maybe eastern Arizona where I'll drop down onto the Mogollon Rim road, and finally on Thursday morning I'll be pulling into Mormon Lake for the Overland Expo. Beyond that, intrepid exploration. I will keep everyone posted and share my journey with you. To all of you traveling, be safe.
Dan

I'm from New Mexico and my advice is don't go through NM without getting a green chile cheesburger! The Owl cafe, which is right off I-40 in Albuquerque is an easy stop.

Enjoy the rest of your trip...

Night before last I stayed at the Village Creek State Park in eastern Arkansas. Here is a picture of Dunn Lake. It was raining lots so I was not venturing out among the skeeter filled forest. It was my first official night of camping in the Hawk. I passed this funny sign in Arkansas. I stayed last night at a friends in Fayetteville Ar. and I ate something not so agreeable leaving me feeling less than whole. Nonetheless, I drove an additional 10 hours and am currently staying at a rest stop about 50 miles east of Amarillo Texas. I'm beat and don't feel well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 132
Howdy everyone! Been gone a bit too long. I went out west for 2.5 months and visited all kinds of wonderful places. In Moab Utah my flip phone died, so the I got a deal on a new iPhone6 and then got re addicted to Facebook. It was so much easier to upload all of my pix there and not on here or American Adventurist. All told I could upload 50 pix in five minutes on FB whereas here and AAV it takes me five minutes to load one picture. I will make an attempt to share with Yall many of the places I visited. I took over 2000 pix and many videos.
These are from blue hole state park NM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 95