Goal Zero’s Latest

Why don’t they just stay home! Same people who have every exterior light on their house on all night.

I can just see someone setting that up when the stargazers are enjoying the night sky. Might be the first and last time it gets used :)

What a hideous invention. Like bringing the Walmart parking lot along with you into the back country.

AWG_Pics said:
What a hideous invention. Like bringing the Walmart parking lot along with you into the back country.
Or the RV or the sound system or the microwave or coffee kettle or camp chairs or ....

Where do we draw the line on what we consider "camping" and what another considers "camping"? I personally like to keep things as simple/easy as possible. Someone may see this device as doing that for them.

I am glad I saw this being mentioned here, as now I have some time to prepare myself for a kind and gentle response to use the first time I see one in action and am tempted to (insert violent response of your choice here)....

I used to use an excessive amount of light when I was younger so I see that side of it also. Experience taught me to use just what is necessary. I can see some uses for that. Doing a large group feed? May need that light. Of course I'd also hope its shut down as soon as feasible.

This looks like a trifecta of absurdity and annoyance delivered by Overloaders. First there's the light itself, followed by the "external power supply" which I think is Millenialese for "150 lb battery costing $2,000", and capped off by the photo in the brochure, presumably taken from a drone.

Well played, Kids!

Foy said:
This looks like a trifecta of absurdity and annoyance delivered by Overloaders. First there's the light itself, followed by the "external power supply" which I think is Millenialese for "150 lb battery costing $2,000", and capped off by the photo in the brochure, presumably taken from a drone.

Well played, Kids!
Excellence in descriptive language skills :)

Foy said:

Well played, Kids!
Touché

I can just imagine how many bugs this mini sun will attract. Followed by dozens if not hundreds of bats coming to feast on the easy pickings. Soon to be followed by your dog, a sporting breed, racing in large circles around the campsite while yapping like crazy about the sea of "birds" circling overhead at a 12 foot ceiling. Moments later, followed by your other dog, waking up from his nap and not sure what is going on, but not wanting to miss the fun, starts chasing the first dog while also barking like crazy. You sit and watch this for about a minute all the while laughing hysterically. But then, you too find yourself running in large circles chasing two dogs until you get them back on leash and settled down. Except for the bird dog. He obediently sits by your side but stares at you, then looks at the bats then looks back to you, then back at the bats, then back to you (repeat for infinity) waiting for a release command so he can continue chasing the "birds".

Ask me how I know,...except it was a large campfire and not one of these.

But really YETI! At least offer these with snap on red filters to preserve night vision or yellow/orange filters to reduce the inevitable bug invasion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom