Gold Bluffs Beach

HERR42

took a trip up to Gold Bluffs Beach campground up above Eureka last week.
This is one of the few on-the-beach campgrounds in Cal....at least that I know of.
I lack a telephoto lens...but if you look real close in that third shot the is a herd of elk munching away on the vegetation!
They are BIG! and they did not give a hoot about our presence.

Attachments

• IMG_4991 copy.JPG
    IMG_4991 copy.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_5023 copy.JPG
    IMG_5023 copy.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_5087 copy.JPG
    IMG_5087 copy.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 429
...and a shot of Home Creek that flows out of Fern Canyon.

Attachments

• IMG_5043 copy.JPG
    IMG_5043 copy.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 427
Beautiful spot. Thanks for posting. Bear boxes on the beach?? You won't see those in SoCal.

Gold Bluffs Beach Campground

Herr,

Reviving your trip report to get some information. We would like to try this campground next month. Would be arriving on a Friday evening. This campground does not take reservations. Do you recall if the campground filled up? Also, I read Davison Road to the campground can be dicey in weather. What were your observations of the road.

Thanks,

Ted

My Home Town

I boy sometimes I forget how lucky I am, I know some pretty good spots around here. The north coast is one beautiful spot.

I boy sometimes I forget how lucky I am, I know some pretty good spots around here. The north coast is one beautiful spot.

Pescador,

How would you rate Golds bluff beach and Matolle beach in there with your fav spots up there??

Do you know Kevin on the "Beverly's Big Top" out of Ft Bragg?
He's a 32 foot Radon that does Urchin and Crab. Buddy of ours, he comes down to dive with us every now and then in the winter

Tomas

Ted, sorry i took so long!

i like gold bluffs a lot better.

....it was only %30 used all the time we were there.

and the road? dont worry about it! its just fine....a couple of water overflows to drive through.....2 inches deep at most! everyone i saw was in foreign cars...low to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom