GONE - Dometic 3-way (RM 2193)

0976claxton

Just pulled this fridge out of my four wheel camper today. Im switching to a larger 2-way fridge with solar. This fridge works perfectly on 120v, proving to me that the ammonia is still good. However on the propane function it does not perform as well IMO. I'm sure it needs some level of maintenance but I'm not willing to dive into it. The fact that 3-way fridges have to be level all the time doesn't work for me either. I have a slanted driveway at home and often when camping we are not level until the end of the day. 3-way fridges also only cool down to 40 degrees below ambient temp, so makes it harder to have really cold beer in hot conditions. Anyway, with some maintenance I'm certain this fridge would be back at its peak performance for someone. I'd consider just plugging into an outlet in my garage and have it be dedicated to beverages, but would rather see someone get some use out of it. The price is firm - 100. Local pick up only. Atascadero, ca. Call or text. 805-two68-6898

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133219607@N04/shares/W6148n

Update: ran it today on 120v. 82 degrees outside was ambient. Fridge was at 50.

I've been wanting to replace my 3 way for the exact same reasons. Was curious which 2 way you went with and how easy the swap was.
Thanks!

Jon...

What NEW frig did you install in your FWC (replacing the 3 way)? I'd be interested in seeing your new fridge in your camper as well! Thanks!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom